New Tool (3.2): Narration Song

Probably won’t be of much use to people, but I needed a tool to automate the building of an appropriate song for the narration I record and edit in Renoise. Normally, for each project, I would have to do this by hand before rendering (and then keep resizing patterns to match any edits made).

> Tool Link

Usage: Select an instrument and this tool will do the following to it* and all consecutive instruments* below it in the Instrument Editor:

• Enable Autoseek
  • Give the instrument its own pattern
  • Set the length of the pattern to the number of lines necessary to accommodate the sample’s length
  • Place a C-4 note in the first line of the first track

(* as long as the instrument has a sample)

9 Likes

Hey no, that is really cool. Instead of Beatsyncing the sample to the bpm you scale the pattern to the sample length. Really really cool, I already have some idea. Everything about this is actually really cool (in my humble opinion) So I guess the higher BPM and LPB the more precise/accurate?
I do these ting manually anyway every time I load a longer recording or sample to listen to a what ever, well , with the exception of curse of having to modulate the sample pitch.
Maybe you can also have it turn on the FX Chain and Create a Phrase? So that is done? All the same is what you have made is very helpful. Thanks
Oh and it makes a new pattern with new instrument

v1.1

• Now deletes existing pattern sequence before creating the new one.
1 Like

v1.2

• If a sample is too long to fit in a single pattern then the process is stopped and a warning is displayed to the user.
1 Like

v1.3

• Added status bar messages for success and fail states.

v1.31

• Fixed crash when final instrument slot was not blank

Made a video taking a quick look at what this tool does and how it works.

1 Like

v1.4

• If the longest sample is too long, the tool now offers to automatically set the BPM/LPB to accommodate it. Will alert the user if the sample is still too long at BPM: 20 - LPB: 1 (~half an hour).

v1.41

• Fixed: Error if the selected instrument contained no sample or sample data.