New Tool (3.3.2): EQ Helper Tool, transpose eqs/filters by semitones

Hi,

I am writing this little EQ Helper tool. It provides a context menu on each eq and filter device for transposing. It also can “live”-transpose all eqs and filters of a song at once. There is a large slider which you can move while playing the song.

Currently it works for EQ5/10, digital/analog filter, filter 3, all Melda EQs, Pro Q 1/2/3, TDR Nova and apQualizr2. Here is the current version:
https://www.renoise.com/tools/eq-helper

There is a “pluginRegistry” in main.lua, in which you can add your own translation functions for other eq and filter plugins.

Have a look at the context menu on the eq, in the track context menu under “track” and in the tools menu.

Changelog:

• Added support for sampler dsp chains.
  • Fixed menu init bug, added track context menu entries
  • Added support for Melda EQs and Pro Q2/3
  • Also include group tracks (no idea why I excluded it first)
  • Updated parameter name matching with proper string matching. Simply write as parameterNamePattern in the pluginRegistry something like Frequency ? (EQ ?), where ? stands for any possible number (thanks to toimp)
  • Highly optimized speed by simply using device:parameter(index) instead device.parameters[index]
  • Added “live” transpose slider, even for the whole song. yay!
  • Added support for devices switching parameter names dynamically (e.g. filter 3)
  • Added transposing in signal flow of a track, means that sending tracks and group tracks recursively will be also affected. Added support for TDR Nova
  • Added simple exclusion mechanism. Devices which name starts with ! (can be changed in settings), will be excluded.
  • Bugfix, tool forgot key shortcuts
  • Fixed context menu bug on individual plugins, was not deleted properly
  • Fixed missing context menu in insturments’ dsp lane
  • Added workaround for missing re-bang of the selected_track_device_observable on window.active_middle_frame change
  • Workaround seems to have introduced a new problem, hopefully fixed now
  • Workaround 2 for missing re-bang problem. Now app_new_document_observable creates active_middle_frame_observable which then does the missing events, but if .app_release_document_observable was fired, active_middle_frame_observable is removed :crazy_face: Maybe active_middle_frame_observable / tab could be switched AFTER song initialisation? (Happens if the last song had instrument dsp tab opened and then loading a new song which switches to tracker view)
  • Added some LUA loop optimizations and support for Pro-Q 1
  • Fixed recursive routing logic for parallel routings, since it is not a strict tree structure in that case
  • Added support for transposing all devices and signal flow within an instrument mixer
  • Added support for also transposing the dsp devices of the sending instrument within the signal flow
  • Fixed some bugs in signal flow detection within an instrument mixer
  • Fixed bug reported by Same Freaky Sound
  • Fixed bugs in routing from instruments (renoise.song().tracks[].output_routing is really ugly IMHO)
7 Likes

Not at my computer at the moment, but man what a cool idea! :smiley: can’t wait to see it

Yeah please try it, give me feedback if anything doesn’t work.

@taktik Could you move this topic to Renoise Tools section? Thx

Wasted another 4 hours of sparetime… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi ffx, just tried with a fresh installation on RNS 3.3.2 on Linux MIint 20 and i got this:

Schermata del 2021-09-13 11-55-43

To reproduce it, just select from the help menu the “Transpose song EQs/filters +12”, same for the other 3 option “+1”, “-1”, “-12”. Only “Transpose song EQs/Filters…” work

Thanx for your time and tools, are always useful!

Thanks for the report! Will fix tomorrow or so.

2 Likes

Should be fixed now.

Btw. did you see the function “transpose in signal flow”? Right click on a track (under track submenu), e.g. a send track, or on a dsp chain within an instrument.

Wow, superfast! Its working perfect now! Thanks for your suggestion, I hadn’t noticed the entries in the submenu very handy.

Added now to the tools page with superior graphics arts: EQ Helper | Renoise

2 Likes