- Requires Renoise 3.3.0 or above
- There is a device in the FX Chain named, ‘DON’T CHANGE/AUTOMATE’. So don’t… or you’ll get errors and the tool could break.
- If you delete things in an instrument that are used by this tool and the warning tells you to undo this immediately, it’s not kidding. If you don’t then you may get errors and the tool might stop working.
This tool allows you to change how a sample is being looped by controlling the movement of two slice markers. Loop playback responds to both start and end marker movement.
Press the ‘Set Markers’ button and the tool will install the following things into an instrument: a set of repeating phrases, a new fx chain with four devices, and two slice markers at the Origin points (you can change these before hitting the button). Either the tool GUI or the FX Chain can be used to alter the various parameters and they will update each other to any changes made.
Note that the markers will stay at least one sample apart and cannot pass each other.
- Pad Reset - The same as on a regular XY Pad, this will cause the values to move back to the center when the mouse button is released.
- Interaction - Changes how the markers can interact when moved. These effects do not apply when changing Origin, Range1 or Slice Size.
- Normal: No special marker interactions.
- Push: At Min Slice Size, moving a marker toward the other will push it.
- Follow: Moving a marker will cause the other to follow.
- Follow & Shrink: As Follow, but with a marker at Range limit or sample edge, moving the other toward it will shrink Slice Size.
- Snap - Snaps marker movement to selected points on the waveform. Does not apply when changing Origin or Range.1 Disables ‘Interaction’.
- Similar Value: Volume level matching other marker, within Tolerance. Applies to both stereo channels.
- 0 Crossing: Volume level of 0, within Tolerance. Applies to both stereo channels.
- Hex Point: Nearest 256th fraction of the waveform (same as ruler’s ‘0S Effect’).
- Beat: Selected beat fraction, according to current BPM.
- Origin - The point on the waveform that the marker will move out from. Activating ‘Set Markers’ again will set the current marker positions as the new Origin points.
- Range - How far the slice marker can move to either side of its Origin point. This affects the resolution of the sliders/XY Pad used to move the marker.
- Sliders, Offset & Position - The slider controls the Offset (how far the marker is from its Origin). The Position value can be changed to move a marker to an exact sample position on the waveform.
- Set Markers - Initially sets up the instrument for use by the tool and places markers on the Origin points. Pressing again will set the current marker positions as new the Origin points.
- Slice Size - The amount of samples between the two markers.
- Min Slice Size - The minimum distance from each other that markers will move to.
- Slice Anchor - The anchor point used when changing the Slice Size value.
- Instr. Link - Links the tool GUI with the Instrument Selector so that changing one will change the other. Disabling this will allow you to work on one instrument in Renoise while controlling another with the tool GUI.
1 - If the Origin is changed and this would mean that the marker position is now outside of the available Range then the marker is moved. The same thing happens if the Range is reduced and the marker would be outside of the new Range value.
- Set Markers
- Activated by raising to 100%. Since it’s not a toggle you’ll need to lower and raise it again to reactivate.
- 00 - <25 = Normal
- 25 - <50 = Push
- 50 - <75 = Follow
- 75 - 100 = Follow + Shrink
- Slice Anchor
- 00 - <33 = Left
- 33 - <66 = Center
- 66 - 100 = Right
- 0 = Off
- 1 = Similar Value
- 2 = 0 Crossing
- 3 = Hex Point
- 4 - 12 = Beat Fractions