New Tool (3.3) True Track Bypass

Great tool for diagnosing buggy projects. Thanks for this!

2 Likes

Ledger Always something for us to make our lives easier in Renoise.A million thanks for all your effort

2 Likes

In first post

2 Likes

@Ledger thank you so much, it’s so handy!
It would be great to be able to automate :slight_smile:

1 Like

The trouble with automation is the slower speed of Lua threads vs. the main audio engine in renoise. Possibly could be hacked using some flag/ dummy dsp device though.

My intent is to make the best use of the CPU (thus being able to reduce latency), automating would make everything easier. But this is not the main purpose :smiley:

I will have a look at it.

In mean time a new small update in first post

• Track select buttons are now a lighter shade of grey for Group tracks
  • A warning [*] is shown next to any un-bypassed tracks that already have some bypassed devices on them. This is to note that they will be switched on again after activating the track again with the tool. They can be put into doofers if wanted to be kept in a bypassed state though

@Same_Freaky_Sound I’m thinking what your suggesting might be best achieved with a Hydra device i.e; set all of the targets of the device to the Bypass buttons of the track devices and simply automate the Hydra to set all on/ off

I should be able to script up something that will automate the assignment of the Hydra (up to 9 plugs)

To fully cut the sound of the instrument playing, a gainer could be set up at the beginning of the track to inversely mute the track with the same automation; this would take up one of the 9 slots though.

If you want to cut the the instrument playing notes at the same time simply middle-click in the oscilloscope to bypass for that pattern - (matrix X mutes)

This solution would mean you get the reliabilty of renoise’s own automation timing and don’t have to have a tool running in the background playing catch up.

Let me know what you think and I can try to do the Hydra part and add it to the DSP lane menu.

That’s exactly what I’m doing now, but there’s still room for improvement.
For example instrument FX are not easy to bypass; they can be mapped with macros, but with the limit of 8.
Anyway, thank you to take time to think about my suggestion, i really appreciate!

Could you not use Hydras in the Inst. FX chains and link the Hydras to the Macros?

You can even daisy-chain Hydras together so you would have a ‘Master Hydra’ controlling as many others as you need for the same instrument (just make one of the targets from the Master Hydra, the Input of the next).

Then you can bypass all the DSPs in an instrument with one macro, linked to the Master hydra:

[Macro] > [Master hydra] > [optional Chained Hydras] > [Linked FX]

Hydra 2

Hydra 1

@Ledger sorry for the late replay, you’re totally right!
I don’t know if it’s worth it, anyway i’ll we try and I’ll let you know :slight_smile:
Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Hi @Ledger, I tried and it worth; it’s a little bit tricky and need some extra time to setup but it worth.
It would be great to have “auto suspend” also for native FX.

What I was mentioning before was not really an auto suspend, but a menu to auto-add and route the hydras in the instrument DSPs. It looks in the API like Macro mappings are read-only so can’t be set by a script, so you would need to still do that yourself and then automate the macro in pattern as normal.

It would just save all the hydra routing donkey work. This still useful for you?

Yes Ledger, I know that I have to do manually and its more then useful!
I think the “automatic suspend” for native FX, should “native encoded”; so I’m sorry for messing around :upside_down_face:

@Same_Freaky_Sound , I added the functionality to the right-click, inst dsp menu Set Up Bypass Hydra(s) . Once run just map the ‘BP Hydra’ to whichever macro you want to control on/off for all devices.

Note: If you run it a second time on same instrument, it clears and re-adds the Hydra Bypass chain, so you will have to reset the macro mapping (i.e. you added more DSPs/ are testing)

let me know how you get on.

• v0.54 Bypass Hydra Menu added

bypass hydras menu

BP Hydra

Thank you so much, i’ll test asap! :pray:

1 Like

in first post

v0.58

• If No ‘BP Hydra’ but other bypass hydras are present then all hydras cleared before re-setup - previously could end up with leftovers on re-run

v0.57

• Now if a ‘BP Hydra’ device is present, it will not be overwritten by re-running the menu and should retain it’s macro if already set.
  • If the ‘Hydra Bypass’ chain has been dragged to a new position, the tool will search for it when re-running rather than adding a second hydra chain.

v0.55

• fixed a bug that was present in 0.54 (hydra menu) where it was always checking instrument 1 and not the selected instrument:

Hi @Ledger, just tested the 0.57 version and work perfect for my setup.
Thank you so much for your effort!

Great!

Should save some time, painfully routing those Hydras; Plus it’s actually quite a nice feature to have with the tool.

v0.59 In first post

• After running the Hydra menu, the new/ modified chain will be selected along with the BP Hydra device.
  • Status message added too

Man you’re incredible… :pray: