New Tool (3.4.3) MIDI Universal Controller (+ Wave Builder) v3.2 build 374 (January 2023)

Yeah, I agree it would be lots of work if done properly with every VST you own. But I had minimalism in mind, like channel strip and couple of most important effects. It would be too much hasle for controlling every parameter with midi.

But yesterday I ditched my minimalistic mindset and started working on my custom Duplex iPad-template for TouchOsc. It has 36 DSP parameter faders and couple of midi-actions for monitoring, mono toggle and reference-track selection. So I’m going on that road for the moment.

Well, I plan to investigate this particular issue in case I can implement it in some way, but I do not promise anything, and this will take a while. Where I have more doubts is in the plugins, since they are not fixed devices, they are added devices and some have hundreds of parameters.

The initial idea is to be able to change any index in the parameter panel by turning the wheel of the mouse over any parameter slider bar. The tool would be in charge of remembering it for each device (at least for native devices).

MUC is an excellent tool. Any ideas that can be improved are welcome!

VST plugins (for DSP chain devices):

Example of TAL-Togu Audio Line: TAL-Vocoder-2-64

Example of VST3: Tokyo Dawn Labs: TDR Nova

VSTi plugins (for instruments):

Example of TAL-Togu Audio Line: TAL-NoiseMaker-64

Example of Matt Tyler: helm64

Example of Digital Suburban: Dexed

These plugins have less than 100 or 150 parameters. But there are plugins with more than 800 parameters, each one! What to do with so many parameters?

What if there wouldn’t be a slider but just a text field where you could type the right number? Then it would be easier to dial in those numbers anyway and huge amounts of parameters would not be a problem. It would be also nice if you wouldn’t need to dial all the parameters but could disable some.

Thanks for looking into this. I’m following updates with great enthuasm :slight_smile:

I get the error in this screenshot when I choose plugin

A48A71B7-8731-4E47-A5D5-83777F1A9048

Can this be resolved

Thanks for catching this bug! Yes, everything is possible to solve it, generally.

I am currently using and testing a new version of the most recent MUC not yet released. I’ll see if this error keeps happening and fix it.

Thanks!

Any updates?

@adamagain47 I’m on it. I hope to release the new version soon, perhaps at the beginning of November. I will announce it here when it happens.

New version for MUC: 2.1.344

I am pleased to inform you that I have just released the new MUC v2.1 build 344.
You can download the MIDI Universal Controller tool in the first post, here. Sorry for the delay in releasing this new version. I know that some users were waiting for it.

This new version includes some arrangements and especially more features that make things easier when manipulating files and their presets with the Sampler Waveform, as well as incorporating and reordering some areas for the control of sliders. It also includes certain improvements regarding MIDI navigation. All the news are available in the Update History section at the beginning of this thread.

If you have a MIDI keyboard and have not yet tried the MUC, you should!

Enjoy it!

2 Likes

It appears to be working correctly!!

Thanks Steve for confirm it!

hello,
I’m trying the latest version of / demo / and I can’t create anything in wave builder without these glitches.
renoise 3.4 and Linux ryzen 5.16.2-2-rt19-MANJARO # 1 SMP PREEMPT_RT Tue Feb 15 09:37:27 CET 2022 x86_64 GNU / Linux
sample_waveform

Hi @martblek. That’s right, those artifacts are only part of the Demo Version.

1 Like

hi,
I thought it would be it.
I just didn’t read about this demo “feature” :slight_smile:
Then everything is fine.

what an amazing creation, great job, wow…u really did something here

Thanks @kingdoobie. Enjoy it!

Can this be used in the style of duplex?
Wanting to buy a launchpad and finding out duplex is basically deprecated is kind of disappointing so im hoping this fills that missing space.

ed: Would you be interested in hosting a simple website on gitlab/github pages so its easier to view your different plugins, their requirements, capabilities, latest available download etc etc?

Welcome to the forums. I’m sorry about what happened to Duplex and their support. It is a plugin that has a long time and its owner rarely participates in the forums. But one of the interesting things is that it allows you to expand code according to your MIDI controller (requires some programming knowledge). But maintaining these things takes a lot of work, time…

MIDI Universal Controller is different. This tool is meant for most MIDI controllers and you don’t need to expand anything. You bridge it and voila. The user can easily bind most MIDI controls. Even he can use sysex for certain things. You have a demo version to test it and check if it fits for you.

I have programmed a variety of Lua tools which are spread out in the tools section of these forums. However, the most important tools can be seen in my linked profile. There you can see the features and download them.

1 Like

Hello Raul,
In the sample section, when selecting waves,
it happens that the allowed value in the sliders is exceeded.
Just switch and occasionally insert a wave.

MUC

Rns3.4.2 last MUC and Win11

Thanks for the report! As soon as I have some time I will update the MUC to a new version. This issue will be resolved.