New tool (3.4.3): ModFXRender v2.0 build 037 (November 2023)

Access

1. Renoise: Tools/ ~ModFXRender…
  2. Renoise: Sample Navigator/ ~ModFXRender…
  3. Renoise: Waveform: Right clic: ~ModFXRender (Direct-Rendering)…

The first two accesses execute the tool without rendering. Here you can configure all the options before.

The ~ModFXRender (Direct-Rendering)… (third access) shortcut will work with the last set configuration. ModFXRender saves all preferences automatically for new sessions.

Can you explain “practical case” to understand exactly what you want?

perfect, thanks for the config explanation, that’s a tidy arrangement.

with the ‘Transpose reset’ my thinking is this -

I have a drum kit with 3 samples - Kick / Snare / Hi-Hat
They all have FX / Mod settings and the snare drum is set to Transpose +3 (and sounds at say C4#), which is what I want

After MODFXRender is applied my snare drum has been rendered at Transpose +3 and also has a Transpose +3 applied to it, so now sounds at E4 and must be retuned manually if I want it to sound like my original kit.

Does this make sense? Essentially the option would set all Transpose / Fine Tune parameters for rendered samples to 0 after rendering is complete.

1 Like

Sorry, I did not have this double detail in mind when I developed the tool. Well hunted!

Perfect! It is possible. I could add one more option (a checkbox), under Normalize samples:

• Force Transpose & Finetune to 0.

If you want to contribute as a sponsor, send me a PM and we will talk about the details. However, this is a minor feature. In this case, if you want to contribute something it is of your own free will.

am currently developing another sponsored tool, which will be available to the entire community in a few weeks. I don’t have much time, but I will be able to attend to these types of features, although it may take a while.

it was the first thing i thought of haha.
i’ve processed kits manually so many times so was very happy to see you’ve automated it - it was just missing that one step in my workflow.

so the checkbox option sounds perfect to me!

really appreciate you spending your time creating this - and ToybOx for sponsoring.

i’ll be in touch about making a donation for the extra features, niceone

New release: ModFXRender v1.2.018 . Please, go to “Renoise:Help: ~Find Tool Updates…” & check it!

This new version mainly includes a new option demanded by @muckleby:

• Force Transpose & Finetune to 0.

Enjoy it!

2 Likes

you’re a star raul! big thanks. no more manually printing fx to drum kits for me :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much to you! Sorry it took a few days, but here it is :grinning:

A couple of users also asked me to add a couple of features to the SamRender tool. I do not forget. Little by little I am solving these things…

3 Likes

Wonderful tool. Have a lot of fun with it and it saves so much time. I’m running into one bug though. The first time after starting Renoise the keybinding do not work. I first need to manually open the dialog of ModFX via the menu. After that the keybinding works. No big issue for me but I thought I report it anyway. Here is the error message

Renoise\V3.4.1\Scripts\Tools\com.ulneiz.ModFXRender.xrnx\' failed to execute in one of its key binding functions.

Please contact the author (ulneiz [go to https://forum.renoise.com/ and contact him there]) for assistance...

mfr/lua/mfr.lua:1269: attempt to index global 'MFR_MAIN_DIALOG' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
  mfr/lua/mfr.lua:1269: in function <mfr/lua/mfr.lua:1269>

Thanks for hunting this bug and reporting it. I’ll fix it for a next version, as soon as I have time.

Enjoy it! :grinning:

1 Like

I was going to take a stab at writing something similar to this today, and I am glad I found this tool before I got started, haha. This is excellent.

I am curious if it would be possible to add an option to set an FX chain to “None” after a render job is finished, in particular, when using the “Override” and “Accumulate” options. This would be helpful, and would also be in line with Renoise’s default “Apply DSP FX” function.

1 Like

+1 to this. Saves a bit of time.

Just wondering if you both realise if u click on a sample in an instrument kit and press ctrl +a that selects all the samples??so if u want no fx chain,just press ctrl + A and take the chain off?

Yes, I do.

Could you not use this option?Or am i missing something?Doesn’t take much time at all.

I mainly use this tool to print effects with long tails, as it makes it easy to add silence to the end of audio files which then allows to print reverbs or delay effects with long decays or feedback.

With that in mind, if ModFXRender disabled chains after a pass, it would be consistent with the native “Apply DSP FX” function in Renoise, which I use a lot. It renders the sample with the effect applied, and sets the sample FX chain to “None” immediately after. If something goes wrong, I can undo the render and the audio is reset back to the previous FX chain. This is helpful when I want to quickly audition and try things out without interrupting the workflow.

Secondly, I go back and forth between “Apply DSP FX” and ModFXRender as needed: for effects with long tails and decays, I use ModFXRender, for everything else, “Apply DSP FX” is enough. Switching between the two breaks the flow because one provides the functionality I am after while the other one doesn’t.

Anyway, I thought I asked to see if @Raul would be available to consider and maybe implement the update since it is his tool, otherwise I can just hack it locally.

Hello. I’m sorry for not answering before…

The code is open for this particular tool, you can add whatever you want to customize it to your liking if you understand the programming, as long as it is for your personal use.

I’ve been very busy lately. But later I might add such an option in a future version.

If there is something that the tool disables, it would be easy to recover those settings by retrieving the state with a previous save.

1 Like

Hi, that’s good to know. I figured since the files are compiled and I have to decompile them to do the work, that I make the feature request to you first out of respect. While decompilation of Lua files has work for me in the past, I still don’t feel 100% reassure that it will always work without errors. If you could share the regular Lua files, that would be awesome, or if you could suggest a better way to decompile the files that would be great too - this way, if I make the change and it works, I can then give it back to you for approval and it would be based on the original code, not the decompiled one.

Anyway, buenisimo, muchas gracias.

It is compiled because is a sponsored tool. But you can manipulate it with the original code. Send me a PM giving me your email and I’ll send you the original Lua files of the latest version, as long as you use it for your personal use.

Oh right,that makes more sense,never asked for this as it wasn’t a problem for me.

ModFXRender 2.0 has been published!

I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0.037 of the ModFXRender free tool. This new version is maintenance, improvement and include new features. It is a major version…

All new features are listed in the Update History (first comment on this thread).

This new version 2.0 of the MFR brings updated code for the latest version of Renoise (API v6.1). It brings some improvements and a new tool information panel.

ModFXRender now also includes sub-tools to solve specific tasks for mastering on large audio waves.

You can download ModFXRender directly from the official Renoise website. You can also combine it with the SamRender tool to solve specific tasks with your sound waves.

3 Likes