New Tool (3.4) tint

I had open your config window. and cycle with holding tab key. Then i go in native trackcolordialog change there opacity to 0 and set it on all tracks. Then i changed the saturation button in still showed config window about the slider and it immediatly crash.

if you want, we can get a discord screencast sharing session later this week, the you can see exactly what i does and what happens then :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean by cycling with tab. On linux I can’t select elements in the config with tab.

Is this crash happening with other sliders in the config window as well? What about other tool’s windows? Judging by the fact that you get the error message about Renoise crashing, I suspect it might be a bug in Renoise itself (possibly already fixed in my version). Usually you’d get the “contact tool author…” type of error if it was the tool crashing.

Could you update to Renoise 3.4.3 to rule that possibility out at least?

tab cycling means holding tab key for cycling renoise tracks. On my window7 this ist standard Renoise function

i can test it with 3.4.3 tomorrow. thats no problem. i think it will be the same. you are heartly invited to Themes & stuff discord. Then we can make video screen sharing and you can self watch and look what i do and whats happen then. :slight_smile:

here is the discord invite code: hy48JMSHKc

There’s a bug where if you drag your currently selected track to another place the highlight will stay highlighted.

ps. maybe it’s because I use “Auto Track Colors” plugin but I dont think so?

Found another bug but this might be Renoise.

I tried to downgrade (install) your first version of the plugin by just dragging the zip file unto Renoise, I didn’t uninstall the latest first, but anyway now Tint is not showing up in the Tool Browser but some version of the plugin is still working/installed. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Oh right. Unfortunately I’m not sure if I can fix this for good because of how the highlighting is hacked on top of the existing background blend value feature.

I’ve uploaded a new version (0.2.1) with a workaround mode Clear that will behave like the first version (setting the blend back to zero when you focus another track). If you don’t use the background blend on your tracks this will work fine when dragging tracks around as well.

I’ll try coming up with something to solve this in the future but I can’t think of anything trivial right now. For a tool the event of swapping tracks is unknown, I can only observe the fact that the index of the selected track is changed.

About the other bug, Maybe Renoise got confused with the version in the older manifest being lower than the installed one? Don’t know if Renoise checks version at all though. At worst you could try manually deleting the tint folder from your User Scripts folder or clicking Tools/Reload all Tools

That said, it is quite weird that the tool still works while not showing up in the list. Does it work even after restart?

I don’t use background blend on tracks so it works again together with “Auto Track Colors”, as long as I don’t mess with the various features, that’s just how this works where many tools can conflict.

It did, so yeah Renoise got confused somehow. Did you remember to add different version numbers in the manifest?
Anyway I removed the folder and reinstalled which helped get it back.

This is a pretty simple and yet nice feature to have in Renoise, you’re always making really good tools, thanks man, I use most of them and I appreciate your work.

2 Likes

So much easier on the eyes, thanks for this man

Ok mate, you made it! I testet your last version with both Renoise Versions 3.4.2 and 3.4.3. No such error seen again. Clear mode is usefull to. Colorcycling of Trackscolors looks fantastic. Well done!

@Garf I did add a version change but I assumed Renoise was confused by the downgrade in version or something. Either way, glad the Clear mode works out for you!

Thank you for the kind words again @moloko it’s always nice to hear when these things click with others, makes creating them all the more meaningful.

Cheers @icasiino, tracking can be hard on the eyes so we need extra care. :see_no_evil: Next up, voice controlled pattern editing a la cursorless

Good to hear the errors are resolved now @NPC1, actually I had a version earlier with possible continuous colorcycling while you are tracking but it was a bit much :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Not needed for me. The improvement in visual ergonomics is quite enough for me. :wink:

Ahh, this is very nice… Thank you @unless! :rainbow::pray:

Hi, What font is that ?

It’s named “Barlow”. Its a complete font family.

Cool, thanks.

ahh sweeet, maybe Invert fuction for all the colors.?

You’re welcome @slujr!

Thanks @hotelsinus, I’ve added an Invert Colors button in the current version (0.3.0).

1 Like