New Tool: Automation Cleaner (2.7)

That’s strange… I just re-installed the version I posted, and it still works. I get this:

Is there anyone else who can’t see it?

You can get the entry in the tools menu back by deleting the double square brackets on lines 4 and 10 in the main.lua file. Does that work?

never mind it is working,i just didnt tried to right click :rolleyes:

Disabling and enabling the tool in the toolbrowser should do the trick perhaps?

Cheers, nice tool. :)

I agree. Unfortunately, this is currently not possible. There is no right-click menu for the automation editor.

(Although the scripting documentation does mention Track Automation as a possibility for adding menu entries. I tried it, but it does nothing. Maybe this is an error in the documentation, but I hope that it is a sign that there will be a context menu for the automation editor in the future.)

Ideally, I would like to have this as a button below the editor, but this is something that Renoise scripting does not allow.

“Track Automation:Something” shows up the automation !ruler!s context menu. In the automation right clicks are used to create new points, thats why there is no context menu.

See also The Selected Parameter In Automation Editor please…

Aha, that is why I couldn’t find that menu! I tried right-clicking the graph area and the toolbar, apparently I forgot the ruler. But the Renoise manual does mention it, so I should have known.

By the way, for me, the right mouse button does not behave the way it should according to the manual. Without modifiers, it behaves exactly the same as the left button, which is why I wondered why there was no context menu in the first place. Makes sense if it has a different function, though.

nice one:-)

Done. I uploaded a new version.

Does this also work the other way - creating points from curves?

I’d find that much more useful.

No, that would take an entirely different tool, and I’m not planning on writing that because, personally, I have no need for it.

Renoise 2.7 compatible version uploaded (see original post).

it can´t apply the Cleaner to the Automation in all the patterns at once?

Not at this moment, no. I was thinking of adding that functionality the other day. It would definitely make sense, especially with the new automation editor. The problem is that at the moment I’m too busy making music or enjoying the nice weather, so I don’t have time for scripting. I might look into it this weekend, it shouldn’t be too much work.

ohh good! i noticed that when you change the POINT mode to LINEAR or CUBIC, or when you use your Script, the Curve´s point value in the end of a Automation pattern and the first point of the next pattern, don´t match. You can adress this problem too? or it is too dificult to solve?

I uploaded a new version with the option to clean up the automation data in the whole song.

@josecm: I see your point, but I’m afraid that’s too difficult/too much work. It would require more math than my poor brain can handle (and even if I knew the math, I wouldn’t be sure how to properly do it). This is also the main limitation of the new ‘all patterns’ option, there’s a good chance that some manual editing will be necessary after using it. But to try and fix that really would not be worth the effort for me, sorry.

thanks for your effort, is much faster now than before the process, you just need to move the points it takes to fit the pattern follows (and with the Auto-snap Automation function is much easier).

however, an error occurs when the script ends, but it seems to work well anyway.

thanks again, and if somebody know how to make this automatically it will be welcome…

Fixed (hopefully). Thanks for reporting.

fixed!

would love to have it for 2.8 at the moment… :)