New Tool: Automation Cleaner (2.7)

nice one:-)

Done. I uploaded a new version.

Does this also work the other way - creating points from curves?

I’d find that much more useful.

No, that would take an entirely different tool, and I’m not planning on writing that because, personally, I have no need for it.

Renoise 2.7 compatible version uploaded (see original post).

it can´t apply the Cleaner to the Automation in all the patterns at once?

Not at this moment, no. I was thinking of adding that functionality the other day. It would definitely make sense, especially with the new automation editor. The problem is that at the moment I’m too busy making music or enjoying the nice weather, so I don’t have time for scripting. I might look into it this weekend, it shouldn’t be too much work.

ohh good! i noticed that when you change the POINT mode to LINEAR or CUBIC, or when you use your Script, the Curve´s point value in the end of a Automation pattern and the first point of the next pattern, don´t match. You can adress this problem too? or it is too dificult to solve?

I uploaded a new version with the option to clean up the automation data in the whole song.

@josecm: I see your point, but I’m afraid that’s too difficult/too much work. It would require more math than my poor brain can handle (and even if I knew the math, I wouldn’t be sure how to properly do it). This is also the main limitation of the new ‘all patterns’ option, there’s a good chance that some manual editing will be necessary after using it. But to try and fix that really would not be worth the effort for me, sorry.

thanks for your effort, is much faster now than before the process, you just need to move the points it takes to fit the pattern follows (and with the Auto-snap Automation function is much easier).

however, an error occurs when the script ends, but it seems to work well anyway.

thanks again, and if somebody know how to make this automatically it will be welcome…

Fixed (hopefully). Thanks for reporting.

fixed!

would love to have it for 2.8 at the moment… :)

+1

Here you go. I thought I had uploaded this to the tools page already, but apparently I didn’t.

awesome thaaaaaanks! :)

thanks!!!

Thanks! I was missing it already! :)