New tool: Harmonio

Probably shouldn’t be a problem.
I’ll see what can be done about it.

1 Like

awesome, thank you!

I made a short video and how the rounding of the sample buffer affects the frequency.
I use the sample buffer method that its length must always be a multiple of 2. I would love to hear your opinions on this topic (power of 2 or not).
The result surprised me quite a bit (in a bad way) and the difference even with 14Hz is quite big for me.

1 Like

personally, I don’t mind a cent or two of drift as that can always be corrected if necessary (and it usually isn’t, given our generally malleable perception of pitch). Anything under 676 samples seems too low resolution for me personally for single cycle waveforms, so I usually just pitch up by octaves in sample properties as needed. What would be ideal (from my perspective at least) would be to be able to select any starting pitch/sample length between c0 and c2

thanks for working on this!!!

V0.05 is out
harm_05

Added support in user mode for entering buffer size using note names.
I do not round the sample buffer to a multiple of 2, so tuning is a bit better.
I don’t know if it can be fine-tuned even better.
It would be better to use ‘fine’ in the sample settings because I can’t achieve that with the buffer size.

Still try it at higher sample rates. By default I try at 44.1kHz 16bit

1 Like

Hey, this is awesome :+1:

Thank you very much!!!

I notice that the pitch value field does not accept typed entries… Is this intended behavior?

Yes entering the note manually is set so that it falls on C-2 every time.
It was still there after testing. I forgot about this.
Also manually entered ‘duration’ should set the note name to ‘unknown’.
I will fix it in the next update.

1 Like

Oh, nice. I didn’t realize you could click and drag on the pitch field to change values. that is super handy. don’t worry about text entry on my account :slight_smile: