New Tool: Karate (Fast sample chopping)

There are a couple sample choppers out there, but I wanted something even faster. Introducing Karate!

Features

• Effortless Sample Chopping: Quickly slice samples into 4, 8, or 16 equal parts directly within the Sample Editor.
  • Dynamic Beat Sync: Automatically enables beat sync for each slice, setting the beat sync lines according to the current pattern length, ensuring that slices are perfectly timed with your track.
  • Customizable Slice Properties: Sets each slice to oneshot mode, assigns them to mute group 1, and disables loop mode, optimizing sample playback for musical creativity.

karate

Latest Version (1.1.0):
https://github.com/chris-roerig/renoise-karate/releases/download/release-1-1-0/com.jugwine.karate.xrnx

Previous Versions:

(1.0.0) https://github.com/chris-roerig/renoise-karate/releases/download/release/com.jugwine.karate.xrnx

16 Likes

Hell yeah

4 Likes

Guys when they see a new cool Renoise tool:

5 Likes

Dale yeah

1 Like

Is it more precise then the native auto slicer?

Sorry for asking a question I could test myself, just can’t wait to find out.

This tool only slices in even increments of 4, 8, or 16. As far as I know, the native slicer works on is based on sample peaks determined by sensitivity.

1 Like

Ah thanks, maybe that’s exactly what I need.

The native slicer works on peaks, but the automatically inserted marker is never at exact the beginning of the transient, it’s always before or after the transient. Even when there are only rimshots in the wave.

When I do auto slice, I always need to manually adjust te markers.

I could be wrong as I never really slice like this but isn’t there a tool that already does this?

I know of one, which is awesome. I wanted something faster though.

3 Likes

Here’s another tool I sponsored a while back that does this with the random slicer, but based on the beatsync of the original sample and you have to slice the sample first.

And it definitely doesn’t do it with one button. Here’s the source(Thanks to @tris) if you wanted to throw any of this in there.

I’ve been using this with @martblek beat detector to fit my original sample and delete everything before the first beat. I love these kind of tools man. Thanks bro :pray:t6::pray:t6::100:

1 Like

do you have a link to the martblek beat detector thing?

1 Like

It’s on his gum road along with some other awesome tools