New Tool: Scale Finder (2.7)

I upgraded the version @ tools.renoise.com http://tools.renoise.com/tools/scale-finder

Please test it and let me know if it works for you. If you create new chord modifications or scales please send me the scales.lua file so I could update the upstream tool.

For chord pattern ‘100010010001001’ (1,5,8,12,15) still doesn’t work.
Doesn’t insert the last note (D5 for C).

I updated the script again. Now those patterns should work. (I also hope I didn’t break anything. :S)

now notes (pattern length > 12), that should be an octave higher transposed are inserted in deafault octave
for ‘100010010001001’ (1,5,8,12,15) instert 101010010001 (1,5,8,12,3). Instead of D5 is D4

edit. found some bug. For some 4-notes chords insert fifth note - root note transposed one octave up.
for example C7sus4#5 (C natural minor scale) inserts notes - C4, F4, G#4, A#4 and C5

I’ll be a little later.

I don’t get these issues, but I had those in some intermediate version which I didn’t think I released at all. :o

Either way I updated the version number and uploaded new package just in case.

Now seems to works OK :) I will add a few more chords end send You scales.lua file via e-mail.

thanks for creating this tool, suva…

Add “dummy mode”, like “put some cheese reagge chords” ;) :yeah:

Any chance this will be upgraded to 2.7? I loves this… one of my most used tools. Thanks!

+1

updating the tool manually doesn’t get it to work properly in 2.7, only the first row of chords is visible.

+2 invaluable tool for inspiring…

I have been using the attatched version myself. Works fine for me.

The tools page wouldn’t let me upload 2.7 version, because the multiversion support isn’t out yet. :angry:

Also I forgot the correct ultrasupercomplexnonhumanreadable naming scheme for the tools I should be using, so I just named it like this.

Hope this helps.

thnks!

Thanks a lot!..

Thanks for this great tool. I was playing with the code and thought that getting it to rewind after the preview was useful. Maybe this could be given an option?

[luabox]
function start_preview()
pos=renoise.song().transport.playback_pos
renoise.song().transport:start_at(renoise.song().selected_line_index)
end

function stop_preview()
renoise.song().transport:stop()
renoise.song().transport.playback_pos = pos
end
[/luabox]

Ah yes, right now it works best with Pattern Follow off. But I’ll incorporate the rewinding too, thanks!

Great Tool!

Was just wondering is there a way to hear the chords when clicking on them without the notes being automatically put in Renoise’s pattern. Like some sort of preview-mode?

+1 pleasssseeeeeeeee

worth checking

Great stuff. I do think that it should not write to the pattern if you do not have edit mode engaged though, that kind of breaks the standard convention.