New Tool: Set Meta Values

Diamond of a effin tool :D

Back with a bit of spare time for this:

EDIT:martyfmelbs revision,
for when above link expires:
3309 ledger.scripts.SetMetaValue_Rns280_V1.03.xrnx

I have found with this version:

If I use the keyboard method to set some velocity values then try to clear the same selection via the GUI “Apply” sometimes nothing happens. Again it works other times.

Ok, I will continue beta testing this version here and when all ironed out release it on the tools page as an incremented version with credits to yourself. I would like to also familiarise myself with your changes in the code which I have aready started looking at.

Updated so Numpad Enter works the same as Return to input values:

http://renoise.com/tools/setmetavalue

can’t get this to work

Selecting notes , add velocity value from script , press enter …just deletes the values ;.leaving the column blank

iow , it always clears the selection

On ren. 3.1.

can’t get this to work

Selecting notes , add velocity value from script , press enter …just deletes the values ;.leaving the column blank

iow , it always clears the selection

On ren. 3.1.

I can`t recreate this here,

I`ll keep trying though, what OS are you on?

vista sp2

I don’t know what the empty box above the value box does ( just a display ) , no value appears in there as seen in other screenshots .

whatever I do , choose a value from the dropmenu , it does not appear in the upper display , pressng enter . always clears the selection

Oooohh , Now I get it .

It’s only keyboard driven

Yes GUI is just for visual aid :slight_smile:

Yes GUI is just for visual aid :slight_smile:

Then why is there a dropdown menu that doesn’t do anything ?

Might as wel remove it to avoid confusion.

It could do with an update. Actually meant to make martyfmelbs version the official version as its more advanced, though it still has the same dropdown behaviour that could be fixed.

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-set-meta-values/33933

Next scripting burst I`ll take a look.

Did a quick update to Marty`s version which gets rid of dropdown and relies on text readout above the slider:

7706 Set Meta New.PNG

7707 ledger.scripts.SetMetaValue_V1.06.xrnx