(New user) Issues with the plug-ins OB-XD and PG-8X

Hello everyone,

Apologies I am very new to Renoise (previously a Logic Pro X user), and today I have managed to load in my plug-ins and vsts. However, there are only two that I am having issues with in Renoise, and annoyingly they happen to be some of my most used synths.

First the PG-8X is opening and i can load sound banks into it, but it is not producing any sound for some reason and I have no idea why this is the case.

And secondly the OB-XD plug-in for some reason does not show the preset selector that is meant to appear at the top of it.

On the same IMAC I have checked both of these in Logic Pro X and they are working fine there, but like i say it is just these two plugins that I am experiencing issues with in Renoise. Does anyone know of any possible solutions for these issues ?

Appreciate the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

The AU version which I found does not show up in any host at all (on macOS 13):

Do you have this one or some other old AU version?

The new VST version works just fine here though. Have you tried using the VST instead or the AU version?

It can be downloaded here:

Hello,

Really appreciate you responding.

Yes, that is the same AU that I am using.

I am struggling to find the vst for this in Renoise. I have looked in the bottom left search box where the vsts and effects are located, but the PG-8X vst does not show up for me. Am i looking in the wrong place ? I definitely have the vst file in my VST system folder.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Actually sorry, I have found the VST in the Instrument list underneath my AU’s but I get a failed to initialise error message when I try and open it.

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 11.11.50

Actually it just opened all of a sudden and is working now! Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.