New User.

I’m super excited about learning this program. It’s really unique and i’ve never used anything like it. Right now I’m just using the demo, but I’m hoping to purchase the full license by the end of June. I’m a Reaper user and I’m looking forward to seeing how the two programs will function together. Some of the way it works is really different, so it can get kind of confusing sometimes, but learning any new DAW is always a pain in the butt. Anyways, it’s a cool program, just thought i’d share my excitement.

Welcome and have fun :)

welcome and have fun quoting people

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say:

welcome and have fun

qft

(wait, what? did he actually say that?)

according to my physician: what Robbie S said is a sign of either lupis or binge tex-mex dining. before narrowing it down to those, for some reason my physician also asked me if i liked boys or girls. do you think my physician wants to date me?

<_<

I use Reaper as the ReWire host and Renoise as a Rewire client. It works very well for me.

Good luck with your travels.

Hey thanks!

So far I’m really liking Reaper and Renoise together as a combo. The only issue I’m having is I can’t seem to get Renoise to stop accepting midi data when I don’t want it to. What I mean is, if I’m recording a midi track in Reaper with Renoise running as a Rewire Slave, it plays every midi note. I’ve had this issue with Reason, but with Reason the problem is usually just that I have one of the tracks selected in Reason, like say the Malstrom. I think technically its the same issue with Renoise, only I can’t seem to find a solution.

Regardless, I haven’t purchased Renoise yet so I’m still dealing with the hiss and am not relying Renoise at the moment.

Funny I just found the solution and I feel pretty retarded since I just posted that message like 30 seconds ago. I just had a sample selected and just needed to select an empty slot.

welcome !

You can also disable the ReWire MIDI channels. You do that in the Reaper interface for ReWire

Welcome!
I use Renoise Rewired to Bidule a lot.
I tend to use Renoise as a live instrument more than for making tracks, though part of my live setup involves playing around with multiple short patterns.
Any way, Renoise is pretty deep, and the Rewire, OSC, MIDI, and shortcut control seem endlessly inspiring.
Those are my favorite topics at the moment, so if you want to discuss those topics (or anything else for that matter), please do!
Also, if you haven’t already checked out the scripts/tools people have made, I recommend you do. There’s tons of new functionality coming from them all the time (it seems).