OSX M1: NI Massive x & Kontakt 7 BUG with VST3 [resolved with Kontakt 7.1.13]

NI releasing last bunch of plugins into m1 world, and both Kontakt 7 and new released Massive X have same problem. This doesnt happen in Reaper or in Ableton.

Steps:

• load massive x vst3
  • close gui window
  • try to open window again
    ERROR: Failed to create plugin GUI
Vst3Plugs: Instantiating: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Massive X.vst3...
Vst3Plugs: Disabled auto-suspending for plugin 'Native Instruments: Massive X' (it reports an infinite tail)
Vst3Plugs: Opening custom editor window for plug 'Native Instruments: Massive X'...
Vst3Plugs: Plugin passed invalid or empty rect. FAILED to resize the editor...

Vst3Plugs: Editor window for plug 'Native Instruments: Massive X' was closed
Vst3Plugs: Opening custom editor window for plug 'Native Instruments: Massive X'...

CrashLog: Caught signal: SIGBUS (10) ...

Vst3Plugs: Plugin 'Native Instruments: Massive X' crashed while calling one of its plugin view functions!
Vst3Plugs: Failed to attach plugin editor (4). FAILED to open the editor...

from log.
Error Message: Failed to create the plugin GUI. See the log for details.

Warning Message: Ouch. The VST3 plugin 'Native Instruments: Massive X (from Native Instruments)' crashed in event, function or class: 'IPluginView', Thread: 'GUI'
Warning Message: IMPORTANT: This is a fatal error. Please save the current document under a !new! name to prevent losing important data. Renoise will silently ignore any following errors from this plug-in.
Warning Message: DO NOT IGNORE THIS ERROR; DO NOT CONTINUE USING THE PLUGIN. THIS CAN DESTROY YOUR SONG OR CAUSE OTHER RANDOM CRASHES AND PROBLEMS!
Warning Message: It's most likely that this is a bug in the VST3 plugin, so please also report this problem to the authors of this plugin in order to get the problem fixed!

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t happen with the AU version (I don’t install any VST or VST3 version of plugins)

There are multiple reports of various VST3 problems with these new NI plugins versions so I’d wait for another update and check then, there doesn’t seem to be any solution now.

Thank you for this comment. Au works and im not attached to using vst3.

btw, NI also updated Massive X a couple of days ago to native AS. It’s now universal binary and quite a bit more CPU efficient and the UI also feels snappier.

yeah and this native was crashing, thats why i made this thread, Massive x didnt work at all in rosetta, because it needed avx instructions that m1 m2 doesnt have.

New Kontakt 7.1.13 fixed this bug, they did even mention Renoise by name. [Massive x still have problem but if they are aware and fixed here they will fix it there also, so its resolved in my mind]
FIXED Plug-in window would not re-open after being closed in Renoise with Kontakt VST3

1 Like

it runs 7
It runs !

But I had to update on W 10 the DirectX to 12 version

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.