'Night Avenue' Early 80-s melodic synthwave

Hey! Here’s some 80-s vibe for you I made in Renoise!

4 Likes

First of all welcome to the forum and second you rock big time!!! Magical track full of nostalgia for us of that generation.

1 Like

Diggin’ this! :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s not common Synthwave, it has some funk. The combination of that funky bassline and the typical simple melodies fits well. Keep it up and keep 'em coming!

@stoiximan
Don’t expect everybody being part of “that generation”. :wink:
Who knows how old the people behind the music are? I don’t.

1 Like

Great track & welcome!

Yes, nice stuff. I’ve been really getting into synthwave, especially done by young kids who are just discovering this sound for the first time. I’m a big fan of The Midnight – if you haven’t heard them, check 'em out.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMZxrVQirI&feature=share

Well, actually I grew up listening to this kind of music back in the 80s, my uncle was an amateur synth designer (we lived in soviet union) so I dabbled in arpeggiators even back then)
Here’s an actual pic of me in 1982)
10991380_416132095217759_2138361368856772639_n

Much later I discovered Scream Tracker 2 and that did it)
It’s been FastTracker2, ImpulseTracker2, JeskolaBuzz, Arguru’s Aodix and finally Renoise!

I see some similarities. Growing up in the eighties, liking Synthwave, using Trackers since the childhood, making Synthwave by oneself… :slightly_smiling_face:

Is this your very first Synthwave track? I saw that you’re also creating music in some other styles. Another similarity. But I guess you are more experienced in music, you can also read notes and play the guitar, right? You could do awesome stuff if combining both. :metal:

@trueschool
Yes, it’s cool. I think the Synthwave of today is even better than the original from the eighties, because it combines oldschool vibes with fresh, modern sound. I rediscovered Synthwave five years ago and started creating my own Synthwave stuff 11 months ago. It’s fun, it’s easy and always sounding good. Synthwave is cool! :+1:

No, it’s not my first Synthwave track, and yes, I do use guitar with it,
In fact I’m building my ideas in Renoise, then reconstruct them in Electribe 2 Sampler and then we perform some 80-s stuff as a street duo.

1 Like