Noob question - Moving in Pattern Editor

Don’t find anything in the help files. When navigating in the pattern editor I very often want to move quickly from track to track to the left or right. It seems that this is only possible with the arrow keys which is quite slow. Is there any workround to jump immediately to the next / previous track?

Tab / Shift + Tab

https://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Tracker_Interface#Navigating_.26_Selecting

Edit: I forgot about my own custom non-default keybinds…

Look at these instead:

Prefs > Keys > Pattern Editor > Navigation > Jump to Next Track

Prefs > Keys > Pattern Editor > Navigation > Jump to Previous Track

3 Likes

Ok, that’s better, but it “only” jumps from column to column. I tried everything and especially find Shift+Left/Right quite dangerous. :rofl: If one doesn’t take care you can skrew your project very quicky.

What dblue said, also shift+ctrl+end will move to the master track, shift+ctrl+home to the first track.

2 Likes

That’s great! Didn’t knew this.

Prefs > Keys > Pattern Editor > Navigation > Jump to Next Track

Prefs > Keys > Pattern Editor > Navigation > Jump to Previous Track

You can of course bind these to whatever you like :slight_smile:

I forgot to take into consideration my custom key binds. Sorry about that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The biggest takeaway in this thread is to know about customizing/creating shortcuts.

The next step, of course, is write custom tools with shortcut handles to do even more : )

I am now going to update the next/prev track shortcuts as per dblue because that behavior better reflects 99% of what I usually want to do.

2 Likes

Yes, you can for example extend to skip over collapsed tracks/groups.

1 Like

I have an in-progress tool that will look at the section header and then collapse all groups then expand only groups that match on the section header. I’ve bound it to a keyboard shortcut and it makes managing complex songs so much nicer. I’ll release it one day.

This sort of scriptability is magic.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.