Note Align (Sample Hit Point)

This feature would be just perfect for synching voice clips, especially words beginning with extended consonants (“s”, “m”, “n”, “f”, “h”, “l”, “v”, “w”, “y”, “z”).

Even more powerful again if integrated with slices. I love loading up an entire acapella, then just inserting slice markers for each phrase. If each slice is marked as three points = [start, note align, end] – that would be ridiculously powerful.

Interestingly long thready. But we are just talking about adding “sample start” to the Renoise sampler, or did I miss something?

+eleventymillion

this would be great for loose beat music

Ah! Interesting. Well, +1 from me :slight_smile:

Makes a lot of sense if you look at it this way. i thought, if one can have a negative delay on a track (that’s my workaround for a typical snare for instance), we could have it on a sample too!

+1

Bump. I don’t need it very often, but as someone recently asked how to do it with reverse cymbals I was forced to remember how much of a pain in the ass it is to do. Definitely not an essential feature, but certainly nice to have.

+1 I am the ‘someone’ ~!

original poster has reached +8 status on post

+10 now :D

e.g. program drums with brushes (the jazzy mood) would be a lot easier.

I would love this!
The option to silence the pre-hit would be cool too.
That way it could also just act as a non-destructive trimmer…

will this be available in a next beta? hope so :rolleyes:

Great!

+1

Nice idea! I also like kazakore’s notion of it working with the reverse command.

+1

This is such a cool idea, would it work if the instrument used modulation macros tho? I know autoseek doesn’t work if you do.

nice idea!