Note/FX- Add option to hide them

Do the labels “Note” and “FX” really need to be defined? They seem like more and more of a wasted space and a distraction. What those columns represent are stated in the manual are they not, plus there are various tutorials that explain what they are right?

Hell can’t we just have a toggle or something to hide them?

Yes I agree a toggle would be good like we have for:

“Show Track Colours” in the Pattern Editor right-click menu

(Edit: Ledger beat me)

The idea is that you can actually rename the note columns to show something more useful, just as you can with track names.

However, if you don’t care about that feature at all, then some kind of toggle “Show Column Names” may indeed be handy.

(Edit: Ledger beat me)

The idea is that you can actually rename the note columns to show something more useful, just as you can with track names.

However, if you don’t care about that feature at all, then some kind of toggle “Show Column Names” may indeed be handy.

Interesting. Well it’s a hell of a lot easier to click the “Note” column and rename it than it is for FX. And I honestly would never find a use for it already. The track name column is a given, but notes? “Bass Notes”? “Drum Hit b”? That would defeat the purpose of naming the tracks themselves in a group setting no? But maybe it may have use if say a track was named drums and the notes had “kick” “snare” “hi hat” et al.

I think the toggle would be best. I would just never use that feature myself.

It’s not just the naming, but also the ability to move/drag them around. Well, but of course would not hurt to make it optional.

Note column names are great for drums. If you want to use your drums later in Redux, it seems the only way right now is to have all drums in one track in Renoise (otherwise you cannot create a single phrase out of them, to in Redux). So naming each column according to the drum sound (Kick, Snare, HiHat, etc.) helps for having an overview of what is happening in this track.

Note column names are great for drums. If you want to use your drums later in Redux, it seems the only way right now is to have all drums in one track in Renoise (otherwise you cannot create a single phrase out of them, to in Redux). So naming each column according to the drum sound (Kick, Snare, HiHat, etc.) helps for having an overview of what is happening in this track.

Yep. I’m a fan.

btw how nice is the multi-track routing from sampler instruments now!! Much better for drums.

Well other than drums I can’t see how this would be useful. And that’s just me. What about a toggle per track basis? So instead of a global that toggles all of them, why not just toggle them via shortcut or something else per track?

I really like this new feature and plan on using it quite often, but an option to hide it would be nice too.

Just a simple option to keep things sleek and avoid bloating.

(EDIT: Sorry for double-posting)

Small great idea. Anything earninvertically is magnificent.

Just a simple option to keep things sleek and avoid bloating.

(EDIT: Sorry for double-posting)

Yea, that’s perfect!