Notes sustaining over eachother (not intentional)

Hi,

I’m a beginner.

I downloaded some bass samples from this forum and for some reason all of them have sustaining notes.

So they overlap when I edit another note after the other. How do I stop this?

Is this a setting?

The samples read as .flac files in the directory.

regards,

BA

In the sampler window (you get there via F3) above the keyboard is a selection window where you can switch between No loop, Forward, Backward and Ping Pong. You have to set it to No Loop, otherwise the sample is repeated. There’s also the off command to stop notes in the pattern editor (via Caps Lock). Hope that helps and welcome.

In the sampler window (you get there via F3) above the keyboard is a selection window where you can switch between No loop, Forward, Backward and Ping Pong. You have to set it to No Loop, otherwise the sample is repeated. There’s also the off command to stop notes in the pattern editor (via Caps Lock). Hope that helps and welcome.

Thank you for that info (i didn’t know that window F3), I put it off loop.

But in the editor it just keeps over lapping. When I play it.

Can it have something to do with the setting in the editor, that a sound must be cut off when the next note is being edited?

Ok, maybe not: I just used another sample (with loop ON) and that didn’t overlap. Weird.

I must add: it doesn’t overlap much. Just a second or so. (and the end note still keeps sustaining, although i put it on NO LOOP)

Also check the left/bottom under sampleproperties ,

to check if NNA is set to #cut or #note off.

Also check the left/bottom under sampleproperties ,

to check if NNA is set to #cut or #note off.

YES!! This did it.

It was set to NOTE OFF but when I set it to CUT it worked!

Thanks everybody!

There might be another thing to take a look at; like lilith said ( F3 ) click on # keyzones there, check the top/right for a Q & next to that is # mono then # hold…if hold is #on the notes will play on & just ignore the #noteoffs in the pattern; when set to #mono it will play one note at the time.

Thank you for that info (i didn’t know that window F3), I put it off loop.

But in the editor it just keeps over lapping. When I play it.

Can it have something to do with the setting in the editor, that a sound must be cut off when the next note is being edited?

Ok, maybe not: I just used another sample (with loop ON) and that didn’t overlap. Weird.

I must add: it doesn’t overlap much. Just a second or so. (and the end note still keeps sustaining, although i put it on NO LOOP)