Novation Circuit-Mininova users here?

I am really thinking of a more dawless approach in music making not that i am giving up the pc workflow but you know some time you want to get away from it.I am thinking about the Circuit seems like a very handy Groove-box also the MIninova sounds good for me.I think also combining the Circuit and the Mininova with a looper like the Boss Rc-202.Tell me your thoughts on this.

Grooveboxes are so fun; i really dig jamming on my EMX-1 for a bit to let off some steam sometimes.
I have only ever heard real good things about the Circuit and Loopers are a wonderful tool.
Wonder if you had a look at the MC 707 groovebox since it has a bit of a looper built in?

1 Like

Too expensive I get a circuit ,mininova with that kind of money.Also I don’t like Roland with all the overpriced stuff

I used to have a circuit and a mininova. Circuit is fun, I know some secret sequencing tricks that you can’t even do on the elektron machines. Can show you if you get one. But elektron is a way better sequencer overall in general. But circuit is fun.

As far as mininova I would much rather go with a microkorg. You already have the nova engine in circuit.

Good luck!

1 Like

I am going to wait a little because there are rumors that Novation may release a circuit 2 in 2021.Tell me about the mininova why you like the korg better?

1 Like

Definitely the keys…

And honestly, I know the synth engine is powerful on all Novas but the sound is so metallic in a weird way, I could never get into it.

I’ve had a bass station 2 also from novation and thats on the other hand one of the best sounding synths I’ve owned.

The microkorg is a beautiful instrument. And keys feels good. Feeling is important factor for small synths.

Check out these microkorg presets

If you buy circuit one you will probably be able to sell it and then go for the two. I had no prob selling mine.

1 Like

Which Microkorg do you recommend?I see the xl ,xl+ the S and the standard microkorg

1 Like

I had the standard. Lots of people didn’t like the look of the xl, I actually like it. What’s the difference!? Hm, I may be wrong but doesn’t xl have 8 voices and standard 4!?

Standard is fine… if I remember right the S has a speaker and color more modern.

You could probably find a second hand standard for a fine price! There’s a comparison video:

1 Like

People also didn’t like the XL because it had the word “dubstep” written on it… you could just set a sticker! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for all the info.I hear the microkorg has a more warm tone than the mininova but as i understand the mininova has a very deep synth capabilities you could achieve similar sounds if you spend some time in it.Also i like that Novation still supports their hardware stuff after all these years, truly a great company.I will wait a little more as i am sure there will be new products from both of them by the end of winter

1 Like

You’re right! I love novation to. Use their launchpad pro and launch control xl on a everyday basis. And yes you can cream out heat from the mininova. But if you have a chance to feel them both notice the feel of the keys. Whatever you decide on you’ll have a great setup for sure!

What I love is circuit with Arturia keystep keys. The keysteps has LOVELy keys!!! Quality!

Check this: make sure to watch the whole video!

1 Like

Today i spend most of my day watching about the keystep and the keystep pro ,what great controllers if only i could afford all of them but i am getting one of these for sure

1 Like

Yes. I have the standard one, the one in the video. I will never sell it.

1 Like