Nudge

So, with a perhaps less than informative topic title, let me explain what i mean.

I tend to use “Record note delay” quite alot and it works all well.
But the problem i’m having is when i need to move some part. When I for example block move a part with some “EDx” commands it would be nice if there where a “nudge” option. What this option would do is to change the EDx commands (ED3 becoming ED2, if a note is at offset 0, the note would ofc get nudget up to the previos line and get EDx (depending on songspeed))

I’ll post some screenies when i get home incase the above explanation is a bit “vague”.

// codec

I think I know what you mean.
Although not very important it does make sense to me. It could be implemented simply as an addition to the Alt+drag function (for the selected block of notes). That is, you’d add another modifier and it would drag by tick resolution instead of line. For example: Crtl+Alt+drag or Shift+Alt+drag…

This has been mentioned from time to time.
And I agree very very much. It’s quite important for me at least.
Anyone doing some live midi recording should find this very useful.

Moving notes in Renoise is plain hell at times. Can be very frustrating.
It’s way too slow to do this by block selection. And even more incredible slow if you gonna move them tick accurate.
Something like a pianoroll would of course solve this.

But also a modifier/arrow solution should speed things up.
We should have modifiers+ arrows/mouse to move all notes (and it note-offs!) inside a block selection.
If there is no block selection or the cursor is not inside a block selection, then only the single note(and its note-off) closest above cursor will be moved.

For instance:
alt+shift+up/down will move note/note-off under cursor one line up/down.
alt+shift+left/right will move note/note-off under cursor one tick up/down.

If you move cursor inside a block selection and use these commands, then all notes/note-offs in block will be moved.

For instance (speed 6):
C-400 40 D2

|—| <-- cursor

Off

then press shift+alt+arrow left (move entire note one tick up):

C-400 40 D1 <-- one tick up

|—|
Off -------D5 <—one tick up

And…as long as you hold down shift+alt, then you can move the note outside of the cursor position as much as you want.

Alt+shift+mouse enables you to move any notes on screen no matter where cursor is.

Alt+shift+Left mousebutton to move line accurate.
Alt+shift+right mousebutton to move tick accurate.

Pysj, yes. exactly what i meant :)

+1 for this

and please include Shift as well as Nudge (same as nudge, except that notes that are pushed outside the selection will enter at the opposite side, instead of disappearing)

:panic: :dribble:

While we’re on this topic… how about having note delay commands affect note-off too? … would be cool, no? :P

Works here on both samples and VSTi?
eg:

00 C-501 .. .. ----  
01 OFF .. .. ----  
02 C-501 .. .. ----  
03 OFF D3 .. ----  

Works with Dx in the volume/panning column, and with 0Dxx in the effect column.

Excellent idea ++

Would be great to be able to select a block of the pattern and aswell as the existing drag and drop cut and paste, be able to move in ticks instead of rows by holding ALT, or something. I’d use it all the time.

Yes, it would make sense, and even though Fx in the volume column can do the same it’s good when you aren’t using a volume column on the track but have an effect column.

I have also suggested this and I really really want such a thing too.

I would also like to be able to add and subtract from a selection, to be able to quickly fix/offset say every other note.

And be able to only select down to one effect digit. (Useful to copy/cut effects.)

/G

Haha… guess I should test things before suggesting them, eh? :P

… I was just thinking out loud to be honest… wasn’t sure if this had been considered or not ;)