Nyquisteq5 VST Fails To Load

This plug is confusing me. It was working, I shut down Renoise, opened it again and loaded my song. Not working any longer…

If I select the New Song option from the menu, I can load it just fine. But as soon as I’m opening this song it won’t have it.

What means “Wont have it” exactly? Do you get it listed in the missing VSTs dialog after the song loaded, but you can load a new one without problems? Maybe it can not be loaded more than once?

Sorry, I was unclear. The plug can be loaded several times, but it sometimes fails to load. This shows up as a “Failed to instanciate plugin: NyquistEq5.dll” message after the song has loaded.

If this happens, no other instance of the same plug in can be loaded in that song context, but it will happily load if you start a new song.

can you verify if it happens with other hosts as well?

Quickly tested this just works fine, also when loading a song with NyquistEq5. Could you please upload the song so that we can take a closer look to this?

Have you already checked whats listed as reason for the loading failure in the log.txt?

Hello again,
I have no other host to try it in unfortunately. And the song is now playing fine, but I am 100% sure that I wasn’t imagining things. I’ve had this happen earlier, and if it happens again I’ll try to isolate the problem.

Where is the log.txt-file kept? I can’t find it in the installation directory.

edit: Found it! This is a copy of the associated post:
[indent]Player: Constructing…
Player: Creating the slave threads…
Player: Attaching to the document…
Player: Start running…

GUI: GUI is constructed

Application: Successfully loaded ‘Updrafts.xrns’.

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate D:\Media\VST\effects\NyquistEq-5band\NyquistEq5.dll
VstPlugs: Instantiate FAILED (failed to load the DLL)

Audio Plugins: Failed to open plug VST: NyquistEq5

Exception: Failed to initialize the plugin ‘VST: NyquistEq5’.

Error Message: Failed to initialize the plugin ‘VST: NyquistEq5’.

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate D:\Media\VST\effects\NyquistEq-5band\NyquistEq5.dll

Error Message: Failed to initialize the plugin ‘VST: NyquistEq5’.

Error Message: Failed to initialize the plugin ‘VST: NyquistEq5’.[/indent]

I think the last two exceptions were thrown as I tried to insert a new NyquistEq in a track to see if it worked.