Old Boomer has something to say

You sounds like a hanging audio cd, or maybe you are trapped in a timeloop. You always pray the same line…
"blablabla…Pianoroll…blablabla…will never happens…

Sorry mate, but i can’t take you longer in serious way. #No hate

happy tracking :slight_smile:

Where my Song are? My old Amiga songs are gone with my Amiga Hardware to the junkyard. I take it to my first girlfriend and then some time later life happens. My Renoise Songs are her on my PC. Any other questions? :slight_smile:

No you don’t understand, the piano roll isn’t happening now, so the reason I keep repeating it to you is because somehow you haven’t managed to absorb that information…It’s not happening so you will have to adapt.

2 Likes

That’s actually quite cool,I’m glad it has that effect!My ears are so used to it now that I’ve lost that sense of skipping I used to get,and I would describe it exactly like a C.D. that’s scratched and skipping.

Thank you! Yeah, I agree. That would be great if youngsters find Renoise interesting and useful.
It would be interesting to know how many Renoise users there are overall.
It’s great that the tracker community still stands so strong.
All thanks to Renoise.

1 Like

That’s right. Those were directly same. Then we used some app (I don’t remember its name anymore) on Amiga to convert mod files to ST and vice versa. I don’t remember the procedure or how it went.

Skale tracker! Oh , how did I missed that?
I did use that a lot.

Thats it! Looks just like the same.

You are such a pianotroll…

6 Likes

Amen break, bro :+1:

LOL :joy:

2 Likes

And on that day, the term pianotroll was born…
:skull_and_crossbones::rofl:

6 Likes

8 Likes

He would be a good dancing sprite mascot :troll: :footprints:

4 Likes

It’s interesting. On one side, there are people who say things like you described, “this is only for this type of music, or that type of music quality” and dismiss the tools. On the other side, a lot of people who use those tools, in many ways pigeonhole them to specific genres, styles, etc. The idea that stereotypes comes from a place of truth is real.

If a poll was made to see what genres of music are made more often with Renoise, I am willing to bet that jungle, drum and bass, breakcore (not necessarily IDM, but breakcore more specific) make up that larger section of the pie chart. I wouldn’t be surprised then for people outside of the Renoise circle to dismiss it as a tool “geared towards jungle, drum and bass, and breakcore, and not really meant for synthpop or classical” because it has been stereotyped into those musical styles by the current roster of users, and that roster gets the most exposure. That said, I don’t think there is anything that prevents people from using their imagination to visualize what they could do with these tools or not.

2 Likes

I love watching Toybox follow NPC1 around and try to shut him down, only for NPC1 to not even be phased :joy:

2 Likes

He seems to be impenetrable, like a big piano roll juggernaut, just mashing up the place wherever he sees fit.

6 Likes

LOL :rofl:

1 Like

:laughing: :joy: :partying_face:

Mate! Under the line is written… I much love Renoise and want it make better for us all. I also think, you feel that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Story continues…

In the mid-90s There was an interview on TV from a new Finnish record label, which specialized in just electronic music. I was so excited about that because it was unheard of at those times here (Finland has always been rock and metal oriented). I thought immediately send a demo to them.
So, at the end of that interview, the label bloke said: They hoping to get lots of demos from all kinds of electronic genres, BUT, just don’t dare to send us any tracker stuff, We won’t even listen to any of those.

I was young then and that was a big insult from him. I thought what a damn idiot he is.
But, now when I think about it, it was a driving force that pushed me forward. I remember that I thought that I was so gonna show all of you till some day :slight_smile:

But eventually (somewhere mid 00’s), I did give up on chasing those dreams of becoming a full-time artist. Everybody knows how hard is to get yourself into the music business for good. but it’s nice to remember that something was accomplished.

But all this whining about these things is probably strange to any younger people. I’m sure the youngsters are so open-minded and they don’t even think or care about these things. It’s our older folks’ generation who have this attitude issue. 99,99% of the people simply don’t even care how any track is done.
And it really shouldn’t be an issue (in any form) for anyone.

But I’ve always thought that this general atmosphere (concerning tracker music) has influenced the fact that commercial artists have not wanted to say that they make their music with a tracker (back in the day). That’s why there is so little information about it. I don’t know if is this the case but this is how I think it is.

3 Likes

Fast forward and we’re here making full on tracker music compilations hahaha.

As time goes on, trackers are becoming more and more loved by newer generations, with that “vintage” feel attached to them (specially for us younger people). I was born in the late 90s and my first experience with a music production software was MilkyTracker back in 2009. I listened to Binærpilot and was completely blown away with the fact that you could write music on those cryptic-looking hexadecimal lines. Before that, I never had any interest in programming music. Regular DAWs never interested me (I find FL and Live simply boring). They’re too easy, and imo “no sweat, no fun”.

Maybe because trackers are historically seen as a “nerd thing” :nerd_face: (which is really silly). As a young fella, I think they’re cool af, like tech relics from the past with infinite hidden potential, overshadowed by more approachable modern DAWs. Learning trackers today is like learning audio necromancy (cybermancy? audiomancy?).

3 Likes

Good points on there!
That kind of poll would be very nice to have in here.
Great idea :+1: