omnisphere

Dear all.

Renoise 64bits
Omnisphere 64bits
W8 Pro
Intel Core i5 CPU, 2Gb RAM

Selecting e.g. intrument “Alejandro BuzzBass” in omnisphere’s patch browser causes a crash of the Plug-in. As one can see in the picture below, the plug-in still shows the instrument I had previously selected (here the one just above “Alejandro BuzzBass”), then the plug-in is no longer responding. To sort out the problem I need to clear omnisphere from Renoise’s instrument slot and reload it from the list of vsts. I need not restart renoise, though.

Thanks.

ulrick

3886 omnisphere.png

Hi ulrick!

Could you try this:

Go to Edit > Preferences > Plug/Misc

In there, make sure “Run all plugins in sandboxes” is unchecked.
Does the problem persist after that?

Also, do any error message pop up?
And if you could post the Renoise log here that could be helpful to Renoise devs to narrow down the problem.
You can find Renoise log file in the menu Help > Show the Log File

Hello Jenoki.

Thanks. After I uncheck the box, the problem persists. However now it’s Renoise that I have to restart (“Renoise not responding” as I want to close omnisphere window).

This is the log in the case I don’t uncheck:

Version : Renoise V2.8.1 (Aug 15 2012)
Date : 2013-02-19
Time : 19:31:53

CPU: Found 1 enabled unit(s) with 4 core(s) / 4 logical processor(s) per unit. 4 cores, 4 logical processors are enabled in total.
Application: Showing the splash window…
Application: Initializing the API…
Graphport: Initializing Freeimage…
GraphPort: Initializing DirectX…
GraphPort: Initializing the Font Engine…
MIDI: Initializing DirectMusic…
MIDI: Failed to get the DirectMusicPerformance Interface (error: 80040154). Skipping DirectMusic devices…
MIDI: Enumerating Windows MME MIDI devices…
MIDI: Adding MME in-device ‘E-MU 0404 | USB’
MIDI: Adding MME out-device ‘Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth’
MIDI: Adding MME out-device ‘E-MU 0404 | USB’
MIDI: Finished device enumeration
ReWire Slave: ReWire slave engine link (Local Machine) FAILED to install (RegError: 5)
ReWire Slave: ReWire engine link (Current User) is already installed and up to date…
ReWire Slave: ReWire Panel was initialized…
ReWire Slave: ReWire Slave mode failed to init (no master is running)…
ReWire Master: Successfully opened
Timer: Seems safe to use the ‘QueryPerformance’ counters…
Application: Start running…
Application: Loading the preferences…
Exception: The XML file ‘C:\Users\Evens\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.8.1\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.ToolUpdater.xrnx\manifest.xml’ does not exist!
Exception: The XML file ‘C:\Users\Evens\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.8.1\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.UpdateChecker.xrnx\manifest.xml’ does not exist!
ScriptingTools: Initializing Scripting Tool: ‘C:\Program Files\Renoise 2.8.1\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.ToolUpdater.xrnx’…
ScriptingTools: Initializing Scripting Tool: ‘C:\Program Files\Renoise 2.8.1\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.UpdateChecker.xrnx’…
Application: Init…
DspDevices: Registering native DSP effects…
DspDevices: Registering native plugin DSP effects…
Audio Plugins: Searching for VST plugins in ‘E:\VSTPlugins’
Audio Plugins: Searching for VST plugins in ‘E:\VSTPlugins-32’
DirectSound: Initializing…
DirectSound: Using SampleRate 44100
DirectSound: Primary Buffer Format: FormatTag=1, Channels=2, SamplesPerSec=44100, BitsPerSample=16, BlockAlign=4
DirectSound: CreateObjects … OK
DirectSound: Using MaxProcessingBlockSize: 1536
DirectSound: Output Buffer Format: BufferSize=88200, FormatTag=1, Channels=2, SamplesPerSec=44100, BitsPerSample=16, BlockAlign=4
DirectSound: CreateBuffer … OK
DirectSound: Up and running
Application: Creating a new document…
MIDI: Loading MIDI actions from file ‘C:\Program Files\Renoise 2.8.1\Scripts\GlobalMidiActions.lua’…
Osc: Loading OSC actions from file ‘C:\Program Files\Renoise 2.8.1\Scripts\GlobalOscActions.lua’…
Player: Constructing…
Player: Creating the slave threads…
Player: Start running…
GUI: Creating the Document GUI…
GUI: Successfully constructed
Application: A new document was created.
GraphPort: Initializing in WindowedMode
GraphPort: Successfully initialized
Application: Init OK
Application: Enter MainLoop…
*Error Message: Ouch. The plugin ‘Spectrasonics: Omnisphere’ in instrument 00 crashed, or is no longer responding.
*Error Message: Renoise and other plugins are not affected, but Renoise can no longer access it and thus also not save it’s actual state with the song.
*Error Message: It’s most likely that this is a bug in the plugin, so please report this problem to the authors of this plugin in order to get the problem fixed.

In the case where I uncheck the box, only the lines marked with a “*” change:
VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate E:\VSTPlugins\Omnisphere.dll
VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin ‘Spectrasonics: Omnisphere’, Unique ID:1097687666, Version:2400
VstPlugs: Plugin supports extended string<>parameter conversions
VstPlugs: Instantiate OK