Orca Vsti Crashes After Closing Renoise

Ay,

working on this pop hit ;) and my heartbeat skipped when I closed Renoise, when saving and made it crash…

“probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: Renoise.exe
Versie van toepassing: 2.1.0.0
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 4a1be2c7
Naam van foutmodule: Orca.dll_unloaded
Versie van foutmodule: 0.0.0.0
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 45df2022
Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge: 0eef3bcc
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: fd00
Aanvullende informatie 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Aanvullende informatie 3: fd00
Aanvullende informatie 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160”

Fxpansions free orca synth is to blame, I think I have the latest version installed (it doesn’t give any info on what version in the plugin window).

Can anyone confirm that closing a song that has orca saved in it results in a crash?

edit:

I can ctrl+n a new song without a problem, but when I quit renoise than I still get this error notice.

A little information about your computer and operating system may help.

Just realised I was thinking of a different synth but have registered, downloaded and installed.

I opened Renoise, loaded two random samples and triggered in first pattern, loaded Orca and also triggered in first pattern. Checked played OK. Saved as Orca Test in its own folder and closed Renoise. Renoise appeared to close with no problems.

Opened again, edited, closed without saving. After clicking No to Save Changed Renoise still closed normally.

I am running a laptop with an Intel desktop quad Xeon processor and XP32.

I can confirm this as well and have reported this to FX expansion. Could you please do so as well?

Tested this on a Windows 7 machine. Probably thats related? jonas: On which version of Windows have you tried this?

The problem occurs on my vista laptop. I’ve already contacted them and got a reply today asking to go to ‘run-msconfig-tools’ & close down ‘disable u… a… p…’(? lost the mail, since it came in the spam folder!) -> something about ‘disable user adminitstrative blah’.

In Dutch it is called ‘gebruikersaccountbeheer uitschakelen’, I did this & rebooted the machine, but unfortunately the problem persists.

Will contact them again.

Edit:

won’t be fixed on their account :(

"Richard,

Hello. Orca is a free product that has minimal support. Much of what Orca is has evolved into what we now offer as our DCAM: Synth Squad pack.

I would try re-downloading and installing Orca, along with checking for the latest updates for Renoise as well.

Sorry for the minimal support on this product!"