Original Buzz Being Rebuild By Oskari

Can’t you just press Enter in the sequence editor in Buzz and it brings up the pattern editor? (I haven’t used it for several years so I can’t remember.)

i dont understand why you’d use buzzmachines, renoise is the first tracker i’ve ever used, and from the demo videos of buzztracker it looks like the disfigured lovechild of renoise and absynth with a dash of windows 3.0 fugliness.

:lol: ^_^

That would explain it.

Have a go at the latest build of Buzz, and you’ll see what I’m talking about when you actually use it to compose. You haven’t actually used it and you’re basing your entire opinion of it on a video?

Why does it matter what it looks like?

http://jeskola.net/buzz/beta/files/

Firstly okay, I watched like 4 videos, 3 instructional videos on using the tracker, and one of some guy playing his song in it, he had a nice skin on it as well and it didnt look quite as ugly, but as for trying it, that link you gave me has some exes and dlls, whacked them all in a folder and it just gives me errors.

You can download Buzz from here:

http://www.buzzmachines.com/getbuzz.php

but don’t allow the Overloader stuff to install when you install the big pack. I have an old installation from years ago (when I started using Renoise I stopped using Buzz) and just put the new Buzz.exe into that folder, and then removed the Overloader files that had previously been installed.

But once Oskari has finished updating Buzz I expect he or somebody else will release an up to date pack with all the stable machines, etc.

Once you get it working, listen to /demos/specialsuit.bmx.

ive installed it and i just get all kinds of crash and no kinds of tracker :(

renoise 1 - crashtracker 0

Give it a few more weeks and there will be a new version of the Buzz pack out probably. The Buzzmachines pack is based on the last version of Buzz, which ceased development in 2000, when the programmer’s (Oskari) hard drive crashed, and he lost the source code. The pack you downloaded contains lots of programs which attempt to fix some of the bugs that were in the old version. The new version is far more stable, but isn’t designed to work with the old bug fixes.

When you finally get it to work, look at the Sequence Editor and then see how easy it is to move between patterns using it, and how easy it is to see a macro view of your entire song, which you can’t do in Renoise, or any other tracker to my knowledge.

I still wish that Oskari would get so excited about renoise that he’ll want to donate his time to make an awesome buzz adaptor just for us. some of those machines are so damn neat…

but i’ll just go drink from my chocolate river here in lollipop land.

years ago, an offer (=$$$) for a Renoise BUZZ importer was made to Oskari, but he declined it because a person he hates is a Renoise user.

go figure…

That is pathetic.

i havent used buzz that much, but i gotta say that i do like the way the arranger/pattern editor works and how you can swap a pattern in and out quite effortlessly with a global view.

if renoise could add something similar (or better of course) i reckon that would satisfy all of the camps in the arranger debate universe, making the old school and new school happy at the same time. its simple but it does work very well.

I’d like to see a Sequence editor in Renoise too, it’s just so much easier to write using it, and so much easier to be able to view the entire song in the Sequence editor. Much quicker as well, just press Enter and you’re in the pattern editor, press Enter again and you’re in the Sequence editor. Very intuitive.

The best thing is to write own tracking software and not showing it to anyone ;) If someone ask ‘what do you use for making music?’ i am saying ‘Renoise’, but …