OSC 76 - Mantravision

It seems so popular this contest that i had the give it a go. The synth is terrible to work with, but i was able to wrap it up in a silly tune at last:

http://soundcloud.com/thebellows/thebellows-mantravision-osc-76

Sounds good. I like the synth sound but the drums are realy hard to get out of this synth. Glad you are participating this time. :slight_smile:

I think the drums wasn’t too hard to make, though i wasn’t too picky about it. It constantly goes out of phase, so it’s hard to make a constant kick and such, but it kinda works anyway.

Are you joining as well? Seems like there aren’t too many participants this month, maybe more will join the last week.

Seems like the standards are pretty high in this contest so i doubt i have much of a chance. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, quitelike it … Don’t like the title/name though :stuck_out_tongue: Respect that you did something good out of this synth (ancient synthedit win only), some people at kvr claiming it’s not useable (osx here). You can rework and reupload until 30th… Would make the drums louder or less loudness. Very curious which the next synth will be…

Hey, quitelike it … Don’t like the title/name though :stuck_out_tongue: Respect that you did something good out of this synth (ancient synthedit win only), some people at kvr claiming it’s not useable (osx here). You can rework and reupload until 30th… Would make the drums louder or less loudness. Very curious which the next synth will be…

I don’t really know why everyone got so offended by the name and picture, but i changed it all now, so i hope that solved the issue. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did some tweaks to the mix too, i don’t really feel like working on it any more so this is the final version unless i suddenly change my mind.

Judging the tune from a general perspective, this is pretty great stuff.

Considering the synth (i gave up on Matra Evo after an hour of desperation) and the associated boundaries, this is nothing short of awesome!

Really like the drive that the bassline delivers throughout the entire track. You also managed to add enough variation to keep things interesting with whatever you added on top - the bassline glues everything together nicely.

The percussions, which you applied a really pleasant room/verb to, are probably as good as they can get with this very synth and my only actual gripe would be with the kickdrum anyway.

Good luck in the compo - i will try to participate in the voting to show some support.

Thanks man, glad you like it!

To be honest i’m not all that happy with the mix, i’m not used to work like this and many of the techniques i usually use is not allowed here, also the synth is a bit patience demanding. I hear a lot of good entries this month so i guess i won’t get very far, but that’s ok. Sometimes one has to prioritize, i asked myself if it was worth it to spend countless hours to make this track better and i came to the conclusion that it’s not. I would never produce in this way in a normal situation so it’s a limit to how much new stuff i learn from it.

Anyway i have considered joining the osc for a good while so it was about time i did something. It’s all for fun and practice, so i don’t take it too seriously. It would be fun to win sometime of course, but i’m not really very competetive as in my book musical taste is so subjective that what one guy hates, the other guy loves and i think that just makes it more interesting. :slight_smile:

Hope i’ll get a chance to beat you in a future contest! :smiley:

Pretty damn good considering what you had to work with.