Osx 10.3.9: No Rewire Slave Support

Just a reminder for me any anyone else here who uses OSX 10.3.9 (Panther). Renoises ReWire slave mode won’t work there. We are working on a solution, but unfortunately can not promise that we can support ReWire + OSX10.3.9. Renoise as ReWire Master will (and already does) work though…

Those who already had installed Beta1: Please manually trash the “Renoise Engine.plugin” in your “/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire”, or Renoise won’t start. We currently just avoid putting our engine therem to disable ReWire slave. If it was already installed by Beta1, Renoise will not start and other ReWire masters may crash on load.

They do support it, thats just a problem we have with our builds…

I neglected to test Renoise as ReWire Master. This is great, thank you. I’m using Reason instruments again. The MIDI- Control Device is perfect… finding, selecting and organizing parameters to tweak is much easier. Plus I can keep Renoise GUI at fullscreen most of the time and don’t have to keep jumping from one screen to another.

bump (just a gentle reminder for me)

I’ve looked again into this and unfortunately can not promise that we ever get this working on OSX 10.3.9. This is a lot of work, mainly because we can no longer debug & develop on 10.3.9 anymore. You always have to build on OSX 10.4 or later, then reboot and switch to 10.3.9 to test this. This is a pain in the ass. I haven’t even found out what exactly the problem is so far, and already spend a lot of time with this.

I don’t think this will be a real problem though? I mean, there are probably a hand full of OSX users with 10.3.9 who will anyway upgrade sooner or later? Sooner or later we should also completely skip the 10.3.9 support.

I’m going to upgrade to 10.4.11 soon.

I’m wondering since I deleted “ReWire.bundle” during beta. Is there anything I should do before and or after the upgrade ?

edit: upgraded without a hitch