OSX Big Sur: First Time Startup Not Loading

Hi everyone! I’m on the OSX Big Sur beta and I’m trying out Renoise for the first time. But when I install and and load it up, it just loads to an all white screen. I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but it doesn’t seem to work. Is there anything I can do? Or should I just wait for the devs to push an update?

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 6.04.56 PM

Hey Catlin,

Things were going okay with the betas up to this point but after installing beta 9 (20A5384c) I’m now experiencing the same thing.

Sorry this has been your first experience with Renoise!

Does anyone out there have insight on the issue?

No big deal. I have a windows laptop that I’ve been playing around with. I’m just experimenting with things, so I can wait until it’s fixed to start using it on my main machine. I do have have update though. I updated to beta 10 (20A5395g) and now it crashes on start up. Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 8.00.32 PM

Better report this to Apple using their super stupid bug report form (very sure 80% of all reports never read by Apple, because it does not match the expected pattern, most stupid).

Same issue here, It was weird until beta 8, but from beta 9, just a white screen like that.

Just an FYI to anyone checking out this thread, the issue is still present on today’s public release of Big Sur, so beware if you’re thinking of getting a new Mac or otherwise updating from an earlier version of MacOS.

Just an FYI to anyone checking out this thread, the issue is still present on today’s public release of Big Sur, so beware if you’re thinking of getting a new Mac or otherwise updating from an earlier version of MacOS.

@taktik - guess we’re not able to use Big Sur yet, from these reports.

One more thing I noticed. The Redux plugin has the same “all flat grey” problem in every DAW I’ve tested - Bitwig, Reason, Reaper, and Logic.

I have upgraded yesterday. Damn.
Renoise window is totally flat white.

@taktik Please consider to have a look what is possible to do with that.

Same here… 2015 MBP 13 + Big Sur = White screen.

MBP 16 + Big Sur = White screen :frowning:

oh for f*ck’s f**king f@%k >_<

Found the problem. Will be fixed soon.

If you haven’t updated to OSX Big Sur yet, I’d still recommend to a wait a bit. Nearly every OSX release breaks a lot of applications and plugins. It usually takes a while until everyone has updated their stuff to follow Apples often non backwards compatible updates.

7 Likes

Thanks so much, that’s such great news! I only have a Mac and really love Renoise, so it means a lot that it’s on the platform. Thank you for dealing with the dev side as they shift the goalpost from time to time, it really is appreciated.

A fix for this is available here now. Please report in this topic in case there are other problems with OSX Big Sur.

1 Like

Very nice!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.