OSX: MIDI keyboard polyphone aftertouch is broken?

If you use one of the synths that support polyphonic aftertouch like Diva, Zebra, ArcSyn, FM8,

polyphonic aftertouch is not working in Renoise. You can see that polyphonic aftertouch is received in the midi monitor,

but the synths do not seem to receive the values…

Those synths work flawlessly with poly-aftertouch in Bitwig, Ableton…

Polyphonic aftertouch is enabled in Renoise’s midi options, too.

Did I miss something here?

Why it does not work? Does Renoise not support it, only displaying it in the monitor?

EDIT: Now it work again… After restarting Renoise…

EDIT: Now it is not working again after restart…

I think that something is broken here.

If I restart Renoise, poly aftertouch is mot transmitted to synths, again. Filter is always not enabled. So, checked :slight_smile:

EDIT: After a bunch of restarts, still no poly aftertouch. but visible in monitor. one time it worked!

doesn’t work. :unsure:

Tried in Renoise 3.01, there it works flawlessly, too!

Yep, its broken in Renoise 3.1 OSX 32 and 64 bit. I also removed all tools and used a new configuration: no change.

What kind of keyboard are you using? Only a handful of keyboards I know of actually support this feature.

hi danoise, as I wrote, it works flawlessly in Renoise 3.01, Bitwig, Ableton, S1… With the same controllers. But ok, just for information: Seaboard Roli Rise and CME Xkey (yes, those support poly aftertouch).

One time today poly aftertouch worked. I changed nothing. After restarting Renoise 3.1, it again does not work.

EDIT: I even can run Renoise 3.1 and 3.01 side by side, using the same synth, using the same controller: It works in 3.01 only.

If I can help to reproduce it on your machine, please let me know. But I have a request: Could you publish some fix with current fixes including this one? Because I really, really, really would love to use poly aftertouch in Renoise 3.1 for my recent productions… :dribble:

EDIT:http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiMonitor midimonitor (which is a VST and not a VSTi) shows polyaftertouch.

But why it does work in 3.01 and not 3.1 here?

Please help!

Seaboard Roli Rise and CME Xkey

Now, that triggers some gear-lust over here :dribble:

No to becondescending, but mistaking channel for poly-pressure is quite common. I just wanted to make sure that you were actually transmitting poly-aftertouch.

So, yeah, problem seems legit and will be looked into.

The seaboard is absolutely mind-blowing, especially if the synth fully supports MPE. Which aren’t so many. The included Equator VSTi is the bomb! You can play so crazily precise and subtle. For example strings, because of the expression it sounds just like real.

The software and firmware is constantly updated, the Roli support is really nice.

What is not so nice is the normal midi support. It’s still not really possible to map any control to any cc, or do not transmit a modulation at all etc. So it’s not possible to play my Korg M3 with aftertouch on the seaboard. I hope the guys will improve this soon. Also pitch slide doesn’t really work good on non MPE synths.