OSX: Shortcuts in Finder file dialog

Hi

Just thought I’d log what I noticed. In OSX the standard key shortcuts for the file dialog window don’t appear to work:

Command+n = new folder

command + up arrow/ dwn arrow = navigate folder structure

No biggies, just for completeness.

thanks

Hi

Just thought I’d log what I noticed. In OSX the standard key shortcuts for the file dialog window don’t appear to work:

Command+n = new folder

command + up arrow/ dwn arrow = navigate folder structure

No biggies, just for completeness.

thanks

Hi… I’m with you on this one, it’s interesting.

Anyway, I did find this in the preferences: (I mapped it to cmd-N for the purpose of testing your thoughts out on these types of OSX<->Renoise “global” shortcuts).

5703 Preferences.jpg

Edit: I am seeing something called

Disk Browser → Navigation → Switch to Parent Root Directory - which is currently mapped to cmd-left. and

Disk Browser → Navigation → Select CurrentDir as Root - which is currently mapped to cmd-right.

unfortunately, they don’t seem to do what one would expect them to do. wack.

and i don’t see any “move to selected folder” and “escape from current folder to previous folder”

Ahh, good spot though. Didn’t think of that. Perhaps this might get picked up. It’s an os specific issue really…

cheers

So, basically it seems that what we could use are more, and a wider range of features in the disk browser, especially for shortcut binding.

Such as “go to selected folder”… and other such things.

Does anyone know if these are available in the Renoise LUA API, so one could do shortcuts in a script in the interim?