Paste Automation To All Patterns In One Shot

for now, i often do this one by one, (paste) even if there is only one point at the start of the pattern, the idea is just to prevent future changes in the song order (when you decide to place some pattern before the automated one in the song)… if there is no automation, the parameter will change/fit with the new place, wich is not wanted…

In your first pattern you need to place automation points for any parameters which is automated (or will be) otherwise the look-ahead function of Renoise will cause it to jump to the first automation value in the song at the start. Easier than pasting the automation to every pattern anyway!

If you did want the same automation in every pattern I would very strongly suggest using LFO with a Custom waveform instead!

thanks, but i knew it… placing a point in the first pattern is what i always do by default … but i still need this…
placing an automation point at the start of the song for every parameter isn’t the solution to “fill the gaps” between the first parameter and all the future different automations in the song for this parameter… i mean, if you have more than 85 automated parameters in your song, and you suddenly decide to remove a pattern, or maybe change its position, if you don’t have a song “fixed like a block” with the automations,… all your parameters will change just for one deleted or moved pattern… .

ok about the lfo’s, but to have a “perfect” (i mean wanted, decided) stuff in every precise moments, (not randomly “floating”), the same problem here: you have to restart your lfo in the begining of every pattern… wich is the same than applying automation to every patterns…

the “one shot” paste is still in my head ;) i just need to be sure that my song is fixed, in any case, even if i suddenly decide to start with the last pattern , and finish it with the 6th pattern… suddenly… just for fun and maybe prefer the final result…

Sorry I couldn’t help.

Maybe more something for a Scripting request, than general Renoise one? Would be nice if you could do grid/patterned pasting, so one curve every alternate (or 3 or 4 or more complex pattern) and then paste different ones in between, all with very few mouse/button clicks… Same with pasting any data from a track, and may actually be more suited to doing it through Track Copy/Paste and Content Masks…