Pattern Order : Column => Grid

Hi,

I have tried “MixxMachine Studio” on phones and one good idea is the fact that instead of having just one column for the order of the patterns (for order 1 => play pattern 3, for order 2 => play pattern 0, …), there is a grid…

Imagine that during all your song, you have the same bass line for each pattern… In classical soundtracker (like OpenMPT for instance), you have to copy this bass into all the patterns… So each pattern begins with the same bass track and have variations for the others tracks…

The fact to have a grid for the orders, you can put the bass into a pattern and the variations into others patterns so the order grid become :

order 1 : pattern bass + pattern variation 1 (these two patterns are played in the same time)
order 2 : pattern bass + pattern variation 2 (these two patterns are played in the same time)

And you don’t have to copy the bass track into all the patterns…

I don’t know if in renoise it is possible to define orders like this with a grid…

Thanks

It is possible, if I understood correctly how you meant it. You can get the basics of this from the user manual. Main parts of interest are the Pattern Matrix and especially Aliasing Blocks.

The block aliasing is a new feature for Renoise 2.8.