PC Keyboard not generating midi notes

Hi there,

I’m a long time user running into an issue that I’ve never had before.

Steps to Reproduce
Launch renoise

Expected Behavior
PC Keyboard keybinds, shortcuts, etc should work.

Actual Behavior
No keyboard inputs are being detected.

None of my (PC) keyboard keys are sending signals to the Renoise pattern editor. The keypresses are being registered for textboxes when renaming things, searching for things, etc., but none of the keys do anything in the pattern editor. No notes, no esc to turn on recording mode, no caps lock to enter a midioff. It occurs with samples as well as VSTs. Not sure if I accidentally changed a setting somewhere or not. I’ve tried reinstalling, but the same issue occurs. Can anyone help?

See the following video for details(excuse my breathing and my cat whining):

Have you tried another keyboard or another usb port?

Hi,

Sorry for the thread necro, but I still haven’t resolved this issue yet.

In the previous video, I was using some ghetto Korean PS/2 keyboard, so i fully thought that it could have possibly been just due to the keyboard. I just recently purchased a cheap $14 amazon basics USB keyboard and I’m still running into the issue using all USB ports.

I’ve tried this with both Renoise versions 3.1.1 and 3.1.0. I’ve cleaned out/reset all relevant files in My Docs and AppData. External MIDI keyboards work fine for sending MIDI to Renoise, but the PC keyboard will not recognize any keybind keypresses, including esc for record arm, space for start/stop, etc.

If anyone has any ideas outside of doing a complete PC wipe, I’m all ears.

Thanks,
Julia

Edit:
I reset keybinds and created a new Windows profile and still the same issue persists.

Resolved!!

I downloaded this program (https://symless.com/synergy) after receiving my laptop and, while it was running quietly in the background and causing no issues with any other programs, it was stopping input to renoise.

Leaving this here incase anyone else runs into a similar issue.