People'S Remix Competition 164

A popular fun remix competition to test your skills. This month mega man 9 is the theme. More details of the rules and how to qualify is in the link below.
http://www.vgmix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2333#p22309

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length’s sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY February 21st at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left).
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it’s needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can’t take part, but he/she can enter a Bonus Mix and she/he has a vote that counts twice.

Sorry I had problem finding the original link, but the forum has the same information and link to place your entries.

My quick attempt, don’t think I’ll get time to finish anything decent for the competition so:

Megaman 9 - Shop

Yeah that is good. Keep them coming. I am not sure if I can compete with that unfortunately but I will give it a go. Oh, you can submit more than one remix if you like.

this is cool, i`m allready working on something :)
there are still 5 days left!

[center]NICE! k so im kinda new to demo shiz… im guessing im prolly going to be using milky for this to keep it fairly small… so how would i get the samples for this… anyone have any resources bookmarked away? Any advice would be helpfull as this will be my first Vid. Game tune =D Thanks ahead of time =D
Also, what are the prizes for this compo (if any)?

…::niNja pWn3d::…[/center]

"The winner gets to choose the source for the next round, as long as it hasn’t been featured in a previous round or on OverClocked ReMix. I think Bundeslang generally posts some specific guidelines and a list of sources that have been used before, so I’ll copy that over after the voting stage.

I should probably start linking to the OCR topics. Here’s the one for this round if you want to get important updates before I get a chance to copy them over."

So its really all fun. Come on Renoise crew, Show these how its done! Only 4 days left!

so, here is my little megaman remix.
first time ever for me doing a remix, so i think this one is too far away from the original theme.
but was a lot of fun doing this :)

[Megaman Shoping Day (Braintwister Remix)](http://www.braintwister-music.de/Megaman Shoping Day (Braintwister Remix).mp3)

greets

kasmo

I doubt I will be able to submit anything this time around =(. We have about 3 days left, lets get it in. Whoever wins gets to choose the next favorite song to remix. Probably a video game tune. I think it will be interesting to see what kind of remixes you guys can do.

I joined to ensure faster communication with you guys so that the last part goes smoothly.

The mixing stage is now over. There are 4 entries.

To vote, you should do the following:

• Visit the round’s ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.
  • Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen (you must be logged in).
  • Select entries for first, second, and third place in the dropdown menus.
  • Give your reasoning in the box.

Participants receive three bonus points if they vote (the same as receiving one first place vote). Because of this bonus, they may not vote for themselves.
The winner from the last round, Just64helpin, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until Tuesday, February 23th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote. Check the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have left.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC165, which will start later this week. Start thinking! To clarify the guidelines, it must be a video game song that has not been featured in previous PRC rounds or on OverClocked ReMix. The song has to have been composed for the game; things like Guitar Hero tracks don’t count.

Results

Total number of mixes - 4
Total number of votes - 5
Maximum Score - 15
Minimum Score - 0 (without voting)

1st Place: Hexen - 13 points
2nd Place: brain-twister - 11 points
3rd Place: AlexSmith - 9 points
4th Place: OCRE - 3 points

Congratulations, Hexen. You may select the source for PRC165. Send your source to bundeslang (with a MID/MP3 file or youtube soundtrack video if you can) by PM @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com before Friday, February 26th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

To repeat, you may select any source from any game, as long as it has not been featured in previous PRC rounds or on OverClocked ReMix.

(Is this something that you guys would be interested in participating in more? I can keep posting topics here, if so. Lately we’ve been having a bit of trouble getting enough entries each round.)

My pick is for N64 - Pilot Wings (Birdman)
MIDI
http://www.youtube.com/v/SFRqhktLckg

Didn’t see it listed in any of the previous entries, so hope that’s an okay choice.

gratz hexen :)

Would be a great choice, but unfortunately it’s been remixed on OCR, so it’s ineligible. Make sure to check there as well as the PRC list.

Also, my bad, I forgot to mention before–we like to keep the choice secret at first, to make sure people can’t start remixing until the round starts. Just use one of the methods above to contact bundeslang with your new choice.

Sorry my bad, I’ll figure something out tomorrow and email it.

Hello all. I’m the coördinator from PRC. I just signed up here.

@Hexen. E-mail or PM me (you can PM me at this site) with the source (and a MID file) for the next round. Like Hylian mentioned, the source may not be a song that has been remixed on PRC before and a song which is remixed at Ocremix (except songs which only have one remix posted in 2010).
Any other song from Pilotwings is fine, except Birdman.

Also many thanks to Hylian Lemon and Marcusg for posting the information about this contest to this Forum.

Will the post when the round starts be posted here? Thanks!

…::niNja pWn3d::…

I’ll do that as soon as I receive the source from Hexen (and read and check it).

EDIT: Source received, thread will come in a few minutes.