Pickup Mode For Midi-Mapped Knobs

An option for this in the MIDI mapping dialog would be very nice.

In short, with this enabled, an on-screen fader mapped to a hardware knob should only start moving (i.e. pick up the value) when the knob reaches the same value that the fader was at. This prevents abrupt jumps in value.

4 Likes

this is a more than a decade old request and i dont think its been implement yet because i keep looking for ways to do this and i just end up seeing this post every time so i would like to say that this would be a game changer for performance oriented users because thats really when it comes necessary and is a very crucial part of my workflow that i just bypass by playing everything live but it can get very tricky, which is why many times i end up just writing all automations via keyboard instead of with the midi controller. That’s how much i love renoise, i just feel comfortable with a modern tracking workflow but i would really appreciate to have a midi pick up mode to modulate stuff and map the audio mixer without fear everytime i change a session . I hate doing comparisons but this is a very widespread mode in many daws etc etc no need to explain further.
Im actually surprised this is not a common problem
maybe im missing an obtuse way to accomplish this
so -unless i’m highly mistaken and somebody can point me to a similar solution- please implement this!!!

2 Likes

yes, this would be nice +1

1 Like

im still thinking about this

1 Like