Pie In The Sky Request:renoise As Rewire Slave Retains Audio Inputs

this would be absolutely amazing and stellar.
is this even feasible?
renoise is such a powerful sampling tool that it is a shame to lose it’s sampling functions when one uses it in rewire mode as a rewire slave.

That’s the limitation of reWire alas. Audio streams go out and Midi goes in.

aww. I use a setup of Ableton Live (Master) & Renoise (Slave) at gigs and would completely flip if I could also sample from a line-input device with Renoise while it’s in Slave-mode. especially with “Record to Current Track” working the way it does now.

In generic is the Rewire Master the only host that controls the audio card this also regards the recording devices. All slaves submit to the master.

However, a Renoise which functions like this:

Started in ReWire Slave mode, Renoise has the capability of sending audio to the ReWire Master (already present in Renoise)
Started in ReWire Slave mode, Renoise has the capability of sending and receiving MIDI to/from the ReWire Master (I guess this is the ReWire Midi-In or something? I’ve never really used it, I just use IAC. Is MIDI over ReWire snappier than IAC Bus/Virtual Midi Cable-type Midi?)
Started in ReWire Slave mode, Renoise has the capability of recording audio from an audio-input, independent of the ReWire Master. ← This is where Renoise flies the pirate flag and brings something truly amazing into the ReWire mix.

It occurs, however, to ask this: Can a ReWire Master send some form of audio to ReWire Slave? With this, I could just run a template which has 4 inputs enabled from a ReWire Master, plug them into Renoise … and not be able to sample since sampling is disabled in ReWire Slave mode. and I guess there’s no such thing as Master->Slave audio. I am currently not in the state where I can learn how to actually pass wavefiles between Live&Renoise with a kind of a method where if I write something in Live, it gets loaded into Renoise. It would be massively amazing tho. . . . . …