Pirated Vst Software!

:P

You make the boards cool Byte!

I hope he sends more. I’m in for a good laugh.

+1 for Byte avatar!

Here’s what it would look like if we could have larger avatars:

:P

Got another f!1k u mail :)

He PM’d you too?

Yes, he did. Funny guy :walkman:

Haha you’re no fun :P … lets see! roflcopter

We should open a new topic with the hate-mails :D :yeah:

How many of you get hate mail?

Apparently 2 of us… from this topic starter

Well, I wasn’t sure if there’s been a history of it happening in the past to users.

same post on kvr http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=244214

here’s a swansong for you ‘swansong’ “there once was an ugly duckling”

send me a nasty pm you big fluffy white bird!!

… and I’ll send you a piccy of me wearing panties!

It was not a clever topic to start, but nevertheless you can always answer the hypothetically posted question anyway with the same Captain Obvious answers.

“swansong” is actually a great name for a troll… to bad his swansong wasn’t that beautiful

he sent me a nice PM

Not sure how serious this is… but dude, if you don’t want to offend people, don’t go calling them names and shit. If you’re referring to my tongue in cheek satire of your first post (involving panties) … then I’m sorry, but that’s just my sense of humor. Around here, we like to joke around and have a good time. We don’t however, make it a habit of calling people names and shit. Despite what it seemed like, I wasn’t trying to directly attack you… sorry if it came off that way.

And now a serious answer to your initial post:

There’s no way to get around the illegality of software piracy other than “don’t get caught” … the worst that will happen is you’ll get fined for it… though don’t ask me how much, I have no idea … but really, just like anything else in life, it’s a risk. Weigh the risks against the benefits, and you have your solution. I know many people on these forums use pirated VSTs… but it’s not something that’s generally discussed in public, simply so as to not make a target of one’s self… which is why we were joking around about your post.

Understandably, many people, especially hobbyists, can’t afford to purchase plugins, and I think that the developers are aware of this. I highly doubt they’ll target an independent musician that’s not making much on his tunes. Generally, a good rule if you’re concerned about the morality of it would be: save every penny from the sale of your music and put it towards paying for the pay plugins you’ve used.

tips his hat

Generally, a good rule if you’re concerned about the morality of it would be: save every penny from the sale of your music and put it towards paying for the pay plugins you’ve used.

YOU’ RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! THIS IS WHAT I’ M GOING TO DO…MERCI BEAU COUP…AND BY THE WAY…I CAN AFFORD SOME OF THEM…LIKE EDIROL AND PIANISSIMO…AND I AM GOING TO SAVE EVERY PENNY FOR EWQL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA GOLD…ALL RIGHT…! GOODBYE

:blink:

This forum makes me enjoy life. Yes, it’s sad.

i don’t… i build my own and share them… :yeah:

watch → http://psychotronic.electronicattack.de/li…ttle_sicko2.mov
leech → http://psychotronic.electronicattack.de/li…_sicko_v2.0.ens