Pitch Up Without Changed Speed? Possible

is this possible just using renoise?

you can use the offset command 09xx in order to obtain such an effect. the faster the speed of the pattern, the higher the accuracy of the effect. you can trigger 256 individual positions of the respective sample by that. if that is no sufficient, you’ll have to use VST plugins, like waves ultrapitch or alike.

Keith303 hit it on the head, thats the reason i use a speed of 3 and double my bpm. this built in feature 09xx is perfect for doing what your wanting, tho does require some math. if your going to be doing this alot mos def get a vst.
also when looking for vsti or vst effects scope those that have or do pitch-shifting, thats what you would want. there isnt many good ones. depending how far your wanting to deviate from the root note is what really sets the vsts apart.

i tryed a program that was called Ohmforce Hematohm… this can do the trick, but it stains the sound a bit… useful?

download the demo and sample out… ;)

132 BPM, four different speed scenarios:

I. speed 12, BPM 132 - onbeat every 2nd row
you now have ONE row between every onbeat to trigger events.

II. speed 6, BPM 132 - onbeat every 4th row
you now have THREE rows between every onbeat to trigger events.

III. speed 3, BPM 132 - onbeat every 8th row
you now have SEVEN rows between every onbeat to trigger events.

IV. speed 3, BPM 264 - onbeat every 16th row
you now have FIFTEEN rows between every onbeat to trigger events.

so throughout these four examples for retrieving 132 BPM, you get an increase of resolution.
the higher the resolution, the more events you are able to trigger between every onbeat and thus, the higher the accuracy of any effect you want to use.

It has everything to do with Renoise’s (and all the trackers’ for that matter) tick based timing. Someone referred to “speed” as row resolution: with “speed” 3 you get 3 ticks per row, with 6 you get 6. And this resolution affects effects. The difference is clear with the retrigger effect for example. Make two patterns and match their actual speed (with “speed” and bpm) so that the other pattern has twice the pattern resolution. Track something and insert a retrigger command that’ll retrig the sample every tick. The pattern with the greater row resolution, or “speed”, will play twice the amount of hits than the other one.

EDIT: Why, oh why doesn’t the Invision Board warn when someone already posted a better response and you’re about to make yourself look stupid.

keith303 and raina said it best. :)
for me the main reason is exactly those reasons.
i use renoise primarily to make mashup-jungle, which is chalk full of quick micro-edits, time-stretches an breakbeat manipulation. it took me a bit of experimentation until i found a good working speed.
its not perfect tho because when you use a double bpm your vst effects an instruments that use bpm get all out of wack, and some dont go high enough. so i just dont use those types an if i do, i turn off the bpm syncing.

i just had a thought for what you want to do.
using the Advanced edit=> interpolate function, would help you in your experimentation and probably make it much quicker getting to what your after.
i made a post somewhere about using it properly if you have any troubles using it. just found it.

not real pretty but should help you to get it to work, if you didnt already know.
:P

If you want a free audio editor with pitch shift you can use Audacity:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You can then export the changed samples for use in renoise.

It has the soundtouch library implemented which doesn`t do a bad job IMO.

speed 03, bpm 364.

a way to do it using vst is MadShifta or ShivaShifta by Tobybear

after studing many oldschool jungle mods, i found what most of them had in common was theres a note command on every beat. so using that model and the speed and bpm ^
you have a note command every 16 lines of a 128 line pattern.
using that as a structure to build on works very well. so inside them you have room to do lots of things and the space to do so.
so what makes this nice, is that you can set your edit step to 16 and just fill the pattern, then go through on the effects column and set your offsets. this method really speeds up things. i went through and wrote down the beginning and end of all the hit points in some of my breaks i use a bit. now when i’m using them, all i have to do is glance at my notebook or recall from memory which drum i need.

hmm, i dunno what to tell you there, i use looping for mostly atmospheres and effects sounds, rarely but sometimes on bass. i guess that really just depends on what you feel comfortable with. :)