Plans For Midi Routing?

I’ve abandonded Ableton Live and currently searching for a new DAW to fall in love with and I really really want Renoise to be the one, however I lack musical theory skills so I’m dependent on various chord tools such as Tonespace, Chordspace, and other cool plugs. AFAIK these do not run well under Renoise (without EnergyXT which I don’t want to use), are there plans to implement the midi routing alternatives needed?

I have briefly taken a look at Tonespace site; it says: “(Tonespace) automatically generates chords to MIDI-out”.

Youo should then be able to use Tonespace with renoise, by defining Renoise MIDI instruments. Take a look at the related tutorial page

Hm ok, will look into it, but first; Tonespace is a VST. Does your answer still apply?

huh, sorry. I thought it was a standalone MIDI application. Then no, this cannot be done in Renoise, as it does not receive VST MIDI-out messages. An alternative to exergyXT could be using a Rewire host of your choice and send the MIDI-out to Renoise MIDI-in, but you are probably already aware of this.

I see, yeah I’ll try and see if I could get used to Rewiring another host. Could work. Hmm.

Well to the question then, are there plans of implementing this kind of routing or do you guys have the policy of not discussing future versions on forums?

Thanks for the help man

I would think there is no option but for them to support this sometime in the future ;)
When only they know but with it being such an integral part of song building nowadays it will happen eventually

Bungle

Off-topic, but get better tools such as these instead: http://www.cognitone.com/