Plans for Renoise?

You never reply to my replies, last time you had a little moan, i posted this and got no reply:

"I dont want Renoise to “stay niche” or be some little-used also-ran. I don’t think a piano roll should be the focus is all, given that it is a tracker - i think more DSP and expanding the sampler’s capabilities is much more important. Thats the thing about humanity, we’re all different.

Edit: to clarify, looking at what Polyend did with the tracker, I would like to see the following added to the sampler:

Granular playheads;
Wavetable playback;
Modulatable sample start and end points.
I think that would add more value to Renoise than shoehorning in an alternate note view natively in the code base, which presumably would need significant work as it would affect the UI and need a massive amount of work, testing etc.

Again, you might want piano roll more than a more robust sampler. I hate how advocates of piano roll just try to shoot down people who would rather see focus applied elsewhere as people stuck in their ways or otherwise having a desire to keep Renoise as a niche product. Its a cheap tactic and its unfair."

And silence. Anyone who disagrees with you is being unreasonable and/or personally targets people with the same view. Its a shitty debating/argument style.

@moloko where are the examples of behaviour of which you speak? I remember some dude suggesting a game be added to Renoise, or a dancing sprite, or some such and was derided. The guy who asked not to be flamed, asked for an alternate note view, the exact name of which escapes me - solfege was it? - and was not flamed or otherwise made fun of.

Please bring receipts next time, or dont cast wild aspersions.

5 Likes

That was hilarious,it was some dancing anime girl or something.

Again piano roll won’t be implemented so it’s now a complete waste of time to even suggest it

1 Like

Exactly that’s it is!!! Only that my reason for decrease of creativity in Music creation with Renoise is the missing pianoroll for quick melody creating. Your Reasons are only simply others! And i not use only Pianoroll to make a song. Drums or trioles, sixtoles i enter in more efficient in trackerview. At least till now with that hacked and often times slowly reacting Pianoroll Tool, because of the insufficient Renoise API Controls.

If you not only seeing your own needs and you agreed with the attitude, that the best thing of music creation is to use the easyiest, efficientest und most innovative way for express your own creativity, then you can not be against a pianoroll, like any other new implemented function in Renoise. All other would be hypocrisy. And yes Renoise startet as a simple Tracker at its begining, but this is not really still an valid argument nowadays. The point of a contemporary DAW is to permanent questioning their own state for making self better and improve the way of accessibility for the user and the user experience. And that is wat i miss in Renoise. Hold on in well proven and combine it with new senseful and innovative functions. I come from Amiga Noisetracker/Protracker times and i like tracking, but in the way i further developed my mind as a human, and my approach of making music, so further developed my expectations of a good DAW.

happy tracking :slight_smile:

If i would want an offense here i would write "if you want parallel containering, then change to Reason, or Cubase or… Bitwig! :rofl: :joy: :kissing_closed_eyes:

So stop this shitty suggestion to use other software, if we wrote on missing DAW functions in Renoise, that you personally not like…for instance pianoroll! Because same i could suggest you back for every other missing feature what you personally missed in it!

thanks!

1 Like

Many people do not want to see a piano roll.Again the piano roll,we now know,will never be implemented in Renoise,so you are flogging a dead horse. There’s no need to keep talking about it,its a dead idea.The Idea of having a native piano roll in Renoise is a dead one.Why not use the piano roll tools that are out there?Or switch to another DAW?Because native piano roll is not happening.

2 Likes

Right a native Pianoroll is out of the question. 20 years ago there was a developer, Martinal actually working on a native pianoroll but I think it was too hard to integrate properly despite his hard effort. Taktik have later said it’s basically not going to happen so yeah, he should put a sticker on the website stating Pianoroll is never going to happen so we don’t discuss this to death :wink:

A nice new fat arranger on the other hand !??! :wink: :joy:

1 Like

There’s no need for piano roll or anything to be native especially if the tools can handle it. Sure, it would be cool visually, but functionality wise it’s not needed.

I use @Raul Piano Roll Studio for those times when I want a piano roll. Combined with the editor it’s like everything I want to do is possible

I mainly would like to see an update that allows for users to extend upon Renoise even more. Although it has its roots as a tracker, respectively, I bet no one here has the same workflow, templates, or set of nifty tools that contribute to their creativite process.

The customization in Renoise is unmatched IMO due to how deep and complex it can really be, not just in terms of a tracker but as a DAW in general. Regardless of where it goes in the future, I’m stuck with Renoise for good :wink:

2 Likes

A Renoise mobile app would motivate me to get a new phone… I mean you only need to look at one track at a time to work on it really right?

Edit: I’d rather have an app than a piano roll. Renoise is complete imo.

Then DO NOT LOOK AT IT!!! Nobody force you the see a Pianoroll in Renoise nor use it in Renoise? Are you really such a limited mind?

Many people do not want to see a piano roll.

And many other Renoise User asking for a Pianoroll!

Why not use the piano roll tools that are out there?

I use it, but the userexperience is not very good because of the APi limits and hacking workaround for controls.

1 Like

I said i wouldn’t mind having a piano roll.I would just prefer development in other areas.In fairness i think its you who is limited, as stated multiple times before, piano roll will not be happening.They will not be implementing it. So you have two choices,use piano roll tool or switch software. That’s all you got I’m afraid. Your going to have to live with it.

4 Likes

Well said! It would fit on merch.

4 Likes

Hi there, there’s no point in me continuing this argument here. I made my point clear already (I’m not responsible if anyone misses the point or cherrypicks on it) and wouldn’t be of any benefit to continue this convo, at least not in my perception. Just be sure that whenever I find fit I definitely WILL bring up this topic again. I don’t need receipts and neither the approval of unpolite people.

I thought as much.

3 Likes

OMG check the backstage

1 Like

You messin’ 'round? :smiley:

1 Like

Are you trolling? I’m not seeing anything outta ordinary :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Same old 3.4.3 over here - oh well.

2 Likes

A desire is never simply the desire for certain thing. It’s always also a desire for desire itself. A desire to continue to desire. Perhaps the ultimate horror of a desire is - to be fully filled-in, met - so that I desire no longer. /Zizek - The Pervert’s Guide to Ideology

So… what will we dream and desire for, when the piano roll will be implemented? What excuses will we produce to explain our unfinished projects and unrealised ideas?

The piano roll will be the ultimate horror!

2 Likes

Despite the fact that this project has been stagnant for a few years now, I love it. I understand that one person cannot devote all their time to this project. Perhaps it is worth thinking and selling this project to a some company that is willing to work more actively with this project?

Message to all noobs who got into renoise ( because what did you expect really …? )
-Don’t buy renoise if you can’t gell with the tracker workflow -, period.
-Stop suggesting for a piano roll , for the same reason why us hardcore renoise users don’t suggest for a tracker interface on the bitwig-ableton-fl studio forum
-You buy a tracker becasue it’s a tracker , simple as that
-Get over it , piano rolls won’t happen … Never …Ever …and that’s a good thing

7 Likes