:musical_keyboard: :roll_of_toilet_paper::poop: :love_letter:

pianoroll shitposting is a time-honored tradition 'round these parts

5 Likes

Who can shitpost harder?

5 kids stacked in a raincoat with a RGB keyboard, demanding a piano roll

Versus

1 upset Renoise user

1 Like

i dunno. I am 5 kids stacked in a raincoat with a RGB keyboard, so it’s hard for us to say

4 Likes

How about a vertical piano roll? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Alright that was the best plot twist so far.

I can’t compete with that.

1 Like

Me and my two piano roll tools
IMG_1087

Yeah I have a way with words I suppose. It’s Renoise that gets me thinking of you guys and the good in this community . :slight_smile: I refuse to be dragged into this fork though. I simply ain’t got the time for it. But constructive talk like getting a tool out or showcasing some ideas or music is more like it. I remember one particular evening in Prague I was chilling with some pals in a Kavarna (coffee shop) late near the local library, we had a nice discussion about Christianity and its history in Europe. Then a local guy came along looking to compare Christianity with Communism, to which I kept pre-empting his points because of his utter unsubstantiated claims. He possibly never even read a chapter in the Bible but has an opinion on it. I asked him about whether he knows who Moses is or what work did John do for a living and so on. He knows nothing of that sort. So I asked him is he a practicing Christian or an atheist? He replied atheist. The British couple with me had to implore him to listen to my propositions before blurting out his responses. He was running on my fumes after that and he ended up spitting on my face. He was very embarrassed right after, I went and washed my face and got another cup of coffee and resumed right after, all in 3 minutes and back. An hour later we were all leaving and he came to me later on and told me I am very strong in my arguments and approach, which is but a compliment even from someone like him. I do mix with all types AFK as well, even the weirdos and delinquents.

1 Like

Ha ha, just a summary anecdote my friend!

Parallel container now!
Parallel container now!

My contribution…

3 Likes

A measly 293 words… mileage may vary.

Lots of writing ahead in my life… books, letters, reports, papers, dissertation and so on… It never ends.

I love your surreal English :} “aura that you vehicle…”… So sweet. Est-ce que vous *est Francais?

Confidence comes with preparing, practicing and discipline and persevering.

1 Like

I knew it! I love French language, La langue Francais et tre Belle :slight_smile: 14 Nobel prize winners in literature and with heavy weights such as Proust and Baudelaire and you of all folks over here is putting forth a grievance with text length. Vraiment!?

Edit:phone typo non French keyboard edit, et changed to est and tre with a grave and s at the end. Thanks to gentleclockdivider for his kind attention.

1 Like

Mylene Farmer was named the highest paid singer in the world by People magazine, the best export from France and my most favorite pop singer in the whole world. I wish her the very best in life. She is a true artist and an enigma. I have been listening to her since I was 15 years old.

1 Like

Dude, the whole thread is about that topic. :wink:
Look, I’m just a guy who bought Renoise for what it is, not for what it might be. I don’t expect anything and I’m happy to have Renoise as it is. I’m glad to hear what @taktik said about his plans in terms of Renoise and I think the devs should know that there are also people who appreciate their work, not only people who are always complaining about whatever and/or want to have a piano roll so bad. It was absolutely clear and predictable from the very beginning that a thread that’s called “Plans for Renoise?” is primarily about piano roll, and as you can see above at the beginning it only took a couple of commentaries until the word “piano roll” first came up. In the end everybody wants Renoise to be continued and successfull, which leads to the question “What makes a DAW successful?”. The answer for some people seems to be for whatever reason a piano roll, because piano roll DAWs are common nowadays. Everybody needs to know that they`re only common because in the past Cubase was the only DAW that could deliver professional productions, and Cubase had a piano roll. Many copycats popped up and here we are, trackers almost forgotten. Even many of those who are using a tracker mostly used or still are using another piano roll DAW in parallel. That’s why it’s always part of the game and why there are a few people who even want a piano roll in a tracker I guess. Anyway, I think it doesn’t need a piano roll to be successful, I think the tracker concept should be brought more into public in general. The more music, videos and articles, the better. In many ways it’s superior over a piano roll and stuff. But let’s just call it the “p word” in future, ok? As long as nobody starts to scream the p word all the time again in future, I’ll keep silent, no worries. In terms of Renoise there are only 2 things that are 100% unwanted and unnecessary, and those things are dancing sprites and p words. And imho of course vertical waveforms, too.

5 Likes

numogram

Can’t wait for the Renoise kabbalah update

2 Likes

Nick Land dancing sprite. Or a lemur time wizard.

Maybe just get something like this on battery next to your monitor?