Playback: Default Mode Non-looping Patterns - Unless Wanted..

Yo 029, how about setting up a default song with a large amount of empty patterns (+ 100?). Then if you have made some content, the song will just play into an empty pattern and not loop from the beginning. I kind of get the psychological excuse why you’re opting for Renoise to stop after programmed patterns, but in the end this is all in your own mind.

I’m not sure I want to get into this. Ah, anyways.

Haven’t played around with Cubase. But Reason requires you to stop the song, and rewind it, after you’ve played it through. This is two actions, using the mouse or keyboard.

If you make a template song with a F000 command in the last one, Ctrl + home puts you at the beginning again.

There are plenty of people on this forum finishing songs.

…yup that is so true :) And the problem can be overcome so it’s all fine for me and… as allways I <3 Renoise and I think nothing should change that ;)

edit: and that idea about 100+ empty patterns is quite good. thnx for that aswell…

Hiya,

Many thanx for this… (In cubase and other seq’s I’ve played with there is usually a specified play button for starting the song straight from the beginning.)

And yes… =) yes… I’m not saying that headspace we get in when tracking is necessary bad. Just different…

It was kinda strange that you posted this because just when coming to check this topic I thought of a keycommand to rewind the song automatically back to its beginnig… Thanks for giving it to me =D heh…
anyways… hope no-one has gotten offended or upset. I just usually wish to discuss these things and to be honest I just like to change ideas on whatever topic as much as possible… :)

Peace to all and happy songmaking… <3

I think this template thing is going to work just ok for me and I hope everyone else suffering from any kind of looping - for whatever reason be it mental of softwarecal - also find their ways out of it :)