Playback shifted

Hey so this is a problem that irritates me beyond belief.

There are some samples / tunes where Suddenly I get this error and can’t get rid of it.

Obvoiusly when I hit a note on a sample, I want to hear the sample at said note. Sometimes there is a delay to the sound, and the end is chopped. THEN when i play a next sample or an other tone (or same), I get to hear the end of the previous keypress/sound, before hearing what I should.

so it should go like this:

Pressing instr. 1, A-5: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pressing instr. 1, G-5: GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Pressing instr. 2, E-4: EEEEEEEEEE
Pressing instr. 1, C-5: CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Instead, I get this:

Pressing instr. 1, A-5: -----AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pressing instr. 1, G-5: AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Pressing instr. 2, E-4: GGGGGEEEEE
Pressing instr. 1, C-5: EEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCC
(and i hear instr.1 CCCCC first whatever note i push on any instrument)

Do you have any idea what it could be? I fiddled around in settings, but nothing helped and I didn’t find a topic for it.

Thanks!

can you perhaps record the situation? it would be a lot easier to investigate? Thank you
~which OS, soundcard, soundcard settings, etc?

Hi, thanks for the response.

In today’s stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/567796639
Skip to 46:10 and from there to the end you can see it (made me quit after a few tries).

Windows 10, focusrite scarlett 2i2 solo 3rd gen, not sure about settings now.
Turned iZotope Ozone 8 Pro off, that didn’t solve it. seems like only certain samples cause this but then goes for everything.

i still cannot understand your issue, sorry.

I saw something in your video. Renoise starts without admin rights. try to start Renoise as admin. Just right click > preferences > compatibilities and check the box “run as admin”. Running a DAW as admin can solve a lot problems, because stgarted as admin gives the program all needed permissions it needs to work properly. It is worth a try.

thanks, although i hardly believe that was the issue. it occurs when i load in certain old samples