Playing a slice in reverse

Is there a way of the command “B00” not play the whole sample in reverse but a slice that I put in the Pattern Editor?

More specifically, if, for example, C404 is the 8th slice in total of 12 slices of a sample, when I put B00 in FX column, it plays the whole sample in reverse. Any ways of playing that slice specifically in reverse?

make sure you’re using the actual slice note value in the pattern editor, then B00 will work

C4 generally plays the whole sample, while slices are mapped to higher note values
Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 7.57.00 AM

What you said worked, however,

When this thing is disabled (like in the image), my slices won’t reverse, but instead, the whole sample reverses which is really bad considering I have it disabled mostly everytime. I can reverse the slice while it’s playing but I can’t reverse as a whole, from that slice’s beginning, if you catch my drift. That’s what I need a solution for.

you can always render slices destructively and have individual settings per slice. I almost always render slices. it’s much more flexible that way

Let me try this and get back to you.

EDIT: Holy moly, it works flawlessly! Thank you so much! I was also looking for something like this in the back of my mind to change the pitch of a specific slice.

cool. happy tracking :metal: :slight_smile:

it’s a good one to set up a hotkey for. it gets used all the time in my workflow

1 Like

Triggering sample slice number also worked, just wanted to point that out.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.