PLEASE some way to type path/filenames directly!!!

the following is the behaviour one would expect right away of this intuitive and standard file browser

besides ctrl + clicking, one may also cycle the focus to the file list by ctrl + tab-ing …(ctrl + shift + tab cycles backwards) also handy for switching from/to the track selector field

with focus on the file list, tab switches focus between the left and right field

in the left tree view

• on a folder, right arrow key expands it, left arrow key collapses it
  • enter key selects the folder
    in the right field
  • on a folder, enter key opens it
  • on a file, enter key loads the sample/instrument (to the presently selected track)
  • on “…”, enter key goes “…” (up the tree)
    (pg up/dn for jumping)

ctrl + up/down arrows switches between the registries on the left hand side (Song, DSP Chain, Instrument, Sample, Theme)
ctrl + 1-4 switches between the (saved) alternative repositories

if not needing to browse the whole disk, (most of the time that is)
another option is to drag the frame separator between the two fields all to the left <<<
now this leaves one field where the focus stays in, which gives quiet a clean and undistracted view B)
for browsing the samples and instruments …
while availing oneself exclusively of the left hand side registry facility for switching repositories

@devs: the field that is now called “search” should technically be called “filter”

k sure whatever you say

@ delt, these are actually pretty good tips

ctrl+up/down I didn’t know about, and ctrl+1/2/3/4 I have never used either. I always layer samples like that now, almost without using the mouse:

• Press F5 (in my case) for BestViews’ diskbrowser
  • Press F7 (in my case) for BestViews’ toggle lower pane
  • Press Ctrl+Alt+NumPad3 (in my case) for BestViews’ cycle lower pane (to instrument settings)
  • Select kickdrum 1 (now with 'nixs trix) in the browser (prehear is on), press enter
  • Select kickdrum 2 in the browser, press Shift+NumPadPlus to ‘Select or Add Next Sample’ (from AutoAddNewInstrument)
  • Press Shift+K (in my case) for LayerAll
  • Try out via midi keyboard, possibly use Shift+G (in my case) to adjust relative levels in InstrumentMixer