Plpareq3 Freebie

Refined Audiometrics are giving away a 3 band version of their high quality 10 band mastering eq vst for free, if you write them a mail. Scroll down at their webpage, above the changelog, you’ll find all necessary infos. The 10 band version costs around 1000$, so grab your copy, because this offer is only available for a limited time!

http://refinedaudiometrics.com/pages/16/index.htm

Greets

Tried it out.
Looks nice, but it introduced a very noticable delay in note triggering for me.
I am using very high bpm’s though so your mileage may vary.
The same thing happens with a few other decent vst effects, rendering them useless to me.

Notice the word mastering

It implies that it is going to be very intensive processing and isn’t going to take latency into account so you can expect quite a noticable delay. What did you expect?

Just trying to be help…
…you realize that I know nothing about mastering.

Sorry mate, didn’t mean to sound rude. It is something to take into account though, that when something is advertised as being a Mastering Effect (EQ, Compressor/Limiter etd) then it is likely to have a high latency as this isn’t not very important for mastering, as you are only working on one track so can not get discrepancies between parts, nor are people playing in live which is the other time latency is important.

As these things do not need to be considered a lot more can go into trying to get yor effect soundig just how you like, without compromise.

They are also often very processor hungry, as you will only have a few effects in the chain (EQ, Multiband Compressor and Limiter being fairly typical.)

Have a look at the “PLParEQ GUI Notes.pdf”, there is a description, on how to set the eq quality between 1 and 7 and the expected delay in samples.

Here is the thread on KVR Forum , if you have problems with it.

Greets

Edit: If you want to use this eq as track insert, you could try the X series of it, but this is no freebie.

http://refinedaudiometrics.com/pages/19/index.htm