Prehear visible area in Sample Editor with shortcuts

My guess is that this bug has been around for some time already

Before you click in the SE or press Ctrl+(Left or Right arrow) you can have prehear (Enter key) play the exact current window (zooming). Which is cool.
But then if you put a cursor in it, you don’t have that behaviour anymore. It will still stop at the end of the window (‘EoW’ at time of pressing enter that is!) - but it starts at the cursor.
Seems there are 2 states but only one way traffic.

Do I explain myself clearly?

The shortcut plays the selection. Playing nothing at all when there is no selection would be confusing as well.
There also is a “Unselect” shortcut in the Sample Editor, but it’s not assigned to a key by default. Alternately you could also “Select All” first (Control + A), then hit enter.

But I guess what you really want and this report is about is a new “Play visible area” shortcut which ignores the selection completely?

I missed that! That’s already great

That would be much appreciated, it’d replace the default for me.
Moreover, I’d like one that just keeps playing until the end of the sample (instead of stopping at where the end of the zoom window was when I started the prehear), or even looping if the sample normally loops, that’s what would help my workflow the most

!!! THE FEATURE IS IMPLEMENTED TODAY !!!
Thank you!!!

This can be fixed more natural / intuitively by enable my biggest wish : Play a selection of a sample in any note... instantly!

It would not only make me happy, but user Cas as well; just select the samplebit and the selection should play and stop within that selection.
The only alternative now is to cut out the selection, test the selection and throw the new sample away each time…
The “play visible area” is also a nice addon besides the active sample selection as keyjazz.

Yeah, the note selection has disappeared from the prehear block too hasn’t it? Why?

To prevent too much crossposting, what I mean is visualised here : Play a selection of a sample in any note... instantly!
And eh Cas, I think we are in the same bus here : faster access to the noted features above.
Don’t get me wrong, Renoise is fast, flawless, streamlined etc. but there is always room for a tiny improvement :)